Why In News?
- In a meeting of the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on September 27, 2022, the State Planning Commission was reconstituted and renamed as the State Transformation Commission.
- Uttar Pradesh Power Minister AK Sharma told reporters that the State Transformation Commission (STC) will be headed by the Chief Minister while the Finance Minister, both Deputy CMs, Agriculture Minister, Social Welfare Minister, Panchayati Raj Development Minister, Industrial Development Minister, Water Resources Minister and Urban Development Minister will be its members.
- The vice-president of STC will be a renowned economist or social scientist. The other members include chief secretary, additional chief secretary and principal secretaries of various departments including finance, agriculture, rural development, medical and health, industrial development and planning.
- The commission will also have non-official members, experts in the social sector, agriculture and economy. The term of these nominated members will be three years, which can be extended up to two years.
- Power Minister A K Sharma said the commission will act as a think tank and formulate policies after consultations with experts from various departments. The problems that the state is facing will be identified by the Commission and ways to solve them will be found. The use of PPP model will also be discussed. The present plan and their outcome will be evaluated by the Commission.
- The Planning Commission was set up in Uttar Pradesh on August 24 , 1972 and helped the state government formulate policies by identifying need-based areas.
Why In News?
- In a meeting of the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on September 27, 2022, it was decided to implement a bio-energy policy to reduce the use of fossil fuels as well as increase the income of farmers.
- Uttar Pradesh Power Minister AK Sharma told reporters that the Uttar Pradesh government has taken this decision while speeding up its commitment to increase the use of bio-fuels. The new policy has been formulated to finalize the possibilities of setting up bio-energy enterprises in the state by removing the shortcomings of the previous policies.
- Agricultural waste, agricultural produce market waste, livestock waste, sugar mill waste, urban waste and other organic waste available in abundance will be used to generate bio-fuels.
- Under the Bio-Energy Enterprise Promotion Programme-2018, 100 percent exemption in stamp duty on land purchase and 100 percent reimbursement of SGST has been given to bio-energy enterprises for ten years from the date of commencement of production.
- The term of the new policy will be five years. Bio-energy projects (compressed biogas, bio-coal, bio-ethanol and bio-diesel) to be set up in the state during this period will be encouraged.
- Under this policy, subsidy on compressed biogas production will be given at the rate of Rs 75 lakh per ton to a maximum of Rs 20 crore. This subsidy will be Rs 75,000 per tonne on bio-coal production and up to Rs 20 crore and Rs 3 lakh per kiloliter on production of biodiesel.
Why In News?
- The Uttar Pradesh Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion Policy-2022 was approved in the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on September 27, 2022. Any amendment in this policy can be made only after the approval of the Chief Minister.
- Under the new policy, subsidy ranging from 10 percent to 25 percent will be made available as capital subsidy to the new MSME enterprises to be set up. Capital subsidy (rebate) is available for investment on plant and machinery etc.
- In Bundelkhand and Purvanchal, would get capital subsidies in the range of 15 to 25 percent. In central and western Uttar Pradesh, the corresponding capital subsidies will be set at 10 to 20 percent. 2 percent more relaxation will be given for SC-ST and women entrepreneurs.
- The maximum limit of gratuity has been fixed at Rs 4 crore per unit. There is a provision for capital subsidy of up to 25 percent on investment and up to 50 percent interest subvention on loans taken.
- There will be 100 percent exemption in stamp duty on the purchase of land for setting up MSME parks of more than 10 acres in the state and 50 percent interest subsidy (maximum Rs 2 crore) will be provided for 7 years on the loan taken. Also, financial assistance of up to Rs 10 crore can be given for the Common Effluent Treatment Plan (CETP) for the disposal of effluents.
- Under the capital interest subvention for new micro industries to be set up in the state, 50 percent discount will be available on the annual interest payable on the loan. This interest subsidy will be given for 5 years and the maximum limit will be Rs 25 lakh per unit. For SC-ST and women entrepreneurs, this interest subvention will be up to 60 percent.
- According to the policy, MSME units will be encouraged to list on the stock exchange to provide credit from as many sources as possible. All such entities will be compensated for 20 per cent of the expenditure of listing and a maximum of Rs 5 lakh. Establishment of flatted factory will be encouraged.
- The process of allotment of plots and sheds in industrial establishments will be made online. In order to encourage MSMEs in rural areas, 5 acres or more of gram sabha land will be recaptured and transferred to the Directorate of Industries free of cost.
- 5 km on either side of the expressway. MSME units will be encouraged through development of industrial estates within a distance of Rs. There is also a provision to encourage CETP in view of the problem of effluent treatment in traditional industrial clusters.
- Financial assistance up to 75% of the total cost and up to a maximum of Rs 5 lakh will be provided for achieving quality standards such as Zero Effect-Zero Defect, WHO GMP, Hallmark etc. and up to Rs 2 lakh for obtaining GI registration and patent etc.
- Financial assistance up to a maximum of Rs 20 lakh will be provided to MSME units for adopting clean and green technology.
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute will be developed as a center of excellence and entrepreneurship will be spread among the youth of the state on the basis of entrepreneurship courses.
Why In News?
- On September 27, 2022, Commissioner and State Project Director of Rajasthan School Education Council Dr. Mohan Lal Yadav said that under the 'PM Shri Yojana' i.e. 'Prime Minister School for Rising India Scheme', 716 schools will be developed and upgraded in Rajasthan.
- Dr. Mohan Lal Yadav said that under the PM Shri Yojana, two schools will be selected from each block. One school will be of elementary education and one school will be of secondary education. All these schools will become model schools and will incorporate the full spirit of the National Education Policy-2020.
- The launch of the PM Shri scheme was announced by the Prime Minister on September 5, 2022. Through this scheme, a modern, transformative and holistic way of imparting education will be brought in the upgraded schools. It will focus on latest technology, smart classes, sports and modern infrastructure.
- The schools upgraded under the PM Shri Scheme will have a glimpse of all the components of the National Education Policy and will act as exemplary schools. Apart from this, he will also guide other schools.
- The selection process will be three-tier. Schools will be selected on the basis of U-DICE plus data. Schools that meet the prescribed criteria will be selected. Schools will apply through the online challenge portal, the portal will start from October 1, 2022. These will be physically verified by the state.
- The said scheme has been approved for 2022-23 to 2026-27 and there is a budget provision of Rs 27360 crore for 5 years. There is a budget provision of about Rs 1500 crore for Rajasthan.
Why In News?
- The Union Ministry of Tourism presented awards in 8 different categories to Madhya Pradesh under the 'National Tourism Awards 2018-19' at the award function held in New Delhi on World Tourism Day on September 27, 2022.
- Madhya Pradesh has received 8 National Tourism Awards:
- Indore, the cleanest city in the country, won the award for 'Civic Management of a Tourist Destination in India' (Category A). The state has so far received 7 awards in this category. Mandu has been awarded in 2010-11 and 2011-12, Pachmarhi in 2012-13, Maheshwar in 2013-14, Khargone (Category B) in 2015-16 and Omkareshwar (Category B) in 2016-17.
- For the first time in the category of 'Swachh Tourism Place- Western Region', the award was received by Municipal Corporation Ujjain.
- Shiv Mandir, Bhojpur won the award for 'Best Intended and Disabled Friendly Monument'. Earlier, the state has received this honor for Sanchi Stupa in 2017-18, Amarkantak Temple in 2014-15 and Shiva Temple Bhojpur in 2013-14.
- Devi Ahilya Bai Airport, Indore has received this honor for the third consecutive time for 'Best Airport- Rest of India'.
- Malwa's mural has won the award for the category 'Excellence in Publishing-Hindi'. Earlier, in 2015-16, this honor was given for Simhastha Brochure.
- Bhopal Brochure has received this award for 'Best Tourism Promotion Publicity Material'. Prior to this, the award has been received for Lonely Planet Pocket Books in 2017-18 and CORPORATE BROCHURE of MPSTDC in 2010-11.
- Mr. Subhash Bhavre, Guide, Pench Tiger Reserve has received the award for 'Best Wildlife Guide, Western-Central'. Shri Manoj Kumar Dwivedi from Panna in 2017-18, Radhika Prasad Omre from Panna in 2016-17 and Saib Khan from Satpura in 2015-16 have received this award.
- 'Cotyard House', a homestay of Patpara village in Kanha National Park in Mandla district, has bagged the award for 'Incredible India Bed and Breakfast Establishments Approved by State Government'.
- The state has received awards for the first time in the categories “Clean Tourism Place – Western Region” (Ujjain) and “Incredible India Bed and Breakfast Establishment Approved by State Government” (Cottyard House, Homestay, Mandla). Guides of Madhya Pradesh have been awarded for the 'Best Wildlife Guide' for the fourth time in a row.
Why In News?
- In the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on September 27, 2022, the cabinet approved the administrative approval of 23 new group water supply schemes proposed at a cost of Rs 17 thousand 971 crore 95 lakh and one revised group water supply scheme for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission.
- The Cabinet approved the decisions received from the Chief Minister in coordination regarding 10×40 MW Maheshwar Hydro Electric Project, District Khargone.
- It was decided to cancel the power purchase contract executed by the then Madhya Pradesh Electricity Board (presently MPPMCL) with M/s Shri Maheshwar Hydel Power Corporation Limited (SMHPCL) on November 11, 1994 and May 27, 1996 respectively for purchase of power from Maheshwar Hydro Electric Project and the amendment of this contract.
- The contract executed on 24th February, 1997 between M/s SMHPCL and Vidyut Mandal (presently MPPMCL) regarding rehabilitation and resettlement works of the project was cancelled.
- In view of the guarantee given by PFC for OFCD of Rs.400 crore issued by M/s SMHPCL for funding the Maheshwar project, the counter guarantee given by the State Government in favor of PFC as per the provisions of the Mandatory and Restored Agreement has been cancelled.
- The Amendatory and Restored Agreement (A&R. Agreement) executed on 16th September, 2005 with PFC, M/s SMHPCL etc. is canceled in view of the defaults committed by M/s SMHPCL.
- The implementation agreement executed on 27th May, 1996 with M/s SMHPCL and the guarantee provided by the State Government to ensure payment of their electricity dues were cancelled.
- It was decided to accept the second option suggested by the chairman of the task force constituted to resolve the difficulties in the implementation of Maheshwar project, i.e., the matter should be resolved in the IBC petition submitted by PFC to NCLT. Gone.
- To make the 'Mukhyamantri Udyam Kranti Yojana' more effective and comprehensive, the cabinet decided to reduce the minimum project limit from 1 lakh to 50,000.
- Now in the scheme, interest subsidy will be paid to the beneficiary on quarterly basis instead of annual. Projects will be accepted in the scheme even if the manufacturing unit is more than Rs 50 lakh or the service / retail business unit is more than Rs 25 lakh, in which in case of acceptance of the case by the bank, the benefit of 3 percent interest subsidy to the beneficiary is maximum 50 lakh or 25 Received only on loan amount up to Rs. lakh and reimbursement of loan guarantee fee should also be done on pro-rata basis. The entire loan given by the bank should be collateral free.
- The age limit for eligibility and financial assistance under Mukhyamantri Udyam Kranti Yojna was originally kept at 18 to 40 years, which has now been revised and approved the order from 18 years to 45 years.
Why In News?
- On September 27, 2022, additional chief secretary of the health department, G. Anupama said, "Dr. Sonia Khullar has been appointed as the Director General of Health, Haryana.
- It is known that Dr. Sonia Trikha Khullar, a senior IAS officer who was principal secretary to Haryana Chief Minister Dr. Rajesh is Khullar's wife. She is currently a well-known gynecologist in the Health Department of Haryana.
- The current Director General of Health The post was falling vacant due to veena Singh's retirement. Sonia Khullar has been given the responsibility of this post. They will also have the powers of drawing and disbursing officer.
Why In News?
- On September 27, 2022, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel unveiled a statue of Chendru 'Tiger Boy' and his tiger friend Tembu as a memento of Chhattisgarh Tourism Board (CTB).
- Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel also released 'Talking Comics' to connect children with tourism in the tourism conference organized on the occasion of World Tourism Day. Chendru and Tembu are depicted as symbols of tourism in the comic.
- He also released a video of the state song based on 'Kathak Bhav' and a coffee table book of tourist spots in the state. The book contains information about all the tourist places in the state. It can be used as a tourist guide.
- Significantly, The Tiger Boy Chendru, popularly known as 'Mowgli' in Chhattisgarh, was no less than a wonder for the whole world. Chendru Mandavi belonged to a tribal family from Garhbengal village in Narayanpur district.
- Chenderu was very famous all over the world in the 60s. As a child, Chendru always played with the tiger Tembu and spent most of his time with him. Both used to eat food together and play together.
- Hearing the story of Chendru and Tiger's friendship, the famous Swedish film director Aren Saksdorf came straight to Bastar. Influenced by the friendship between Chendru and Tembu, in 1957 he made a film about Chendru and his pet tiger Tembu called 'The Jungle Saga'. The film was a huge success at the international level. This film made a splash all over the world. Chendru did the role of the hero of this film. Staying in the village, the director did the complete shooting of the film in 1 year. This film made Chendru famous all over the world.
- Chendru Mandavi said goodbye to the world in the year 2013 at the age of 78. After his departure, idols of Tembu and Chendru were installed in the jungle safari in the capital Raipur, as well as a park in the name of Chendru in Narayanpur.
Why In News?
- On September 27, 2022, Tata Steel inaugurated the Kadma Biodiversity Park in Jamshedpur. This will increase the green zone around Jamshedpur.
- The park is spread over 13.5 acres where 5650 trees and 4650 shrubs have been planted, which is in addition to the existing 300 trees. 2.3 km to the park. There are walking trails, a yoga and meditation area, bird watching areas, rainwater harvesting ponds, lily ponds, butterfly areas, and fruit and bamboo orchards.
- There are many groups of native species of trees in the park. It also has an information center providing information on bird and squirrel nests, deep forested areas, grasslands and fauna and flora found in the park.
- It is noteworthy that in 2016, Tata Steel launched a Biodiversity Policy which aims at 'No Net Loss of Biodiversity', a first such commitment in the Indian Industry. In recent years, several initiatives have been taken in this direction like development of Dalma View Pond, CRM Bada Talab, Golmuri Talab, Jugsalai Muck Dump, ISWP Pond, etc.
Why In News?
- On September 27, 2022, information about Haridwar being selected for the Swachh award in the category of Ganga cities of Uttarakhand in the National Clean Survey-2022 has been sent by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Development by sending a letter to the Directorate of Government and Urban Development.
- According to Ravi Shankar Bisht, mission manager of the Swachh Bharat Mission in the state, the category of Ganga cities included 15 municipal bodies in the state. Of these, Haridwar has been selected for the award. Apart from this, the situation in Dehradun city has also improved on the basis of last year's assessment.
- Dehradun has been included in the special mentioned category of cities with a population of 3 to 10 lakh.
- With Haridwar and Dehradun, the number of municipal bodies selected for the swachhta award in the state has increased to six. Earlier, four bodies - Doiwala, Narendra Nagar, Ram Nagar and Landour Cantt - were selected for the swachhata award.
- Urban Development Minister Premchand Agarwal said that Uttarakhand has been included in the first three states in the category of states with less than 100 bodies.
- These bodies have been given to Governor Lt Gen Gurmeet Singh (SEN) will be honored on October 1.
Why In News?
- Uttarakhand has been given the Best Tourism Destination Award at the National Tourism Awards event held in New Delhi under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Tourism on the occasion of World Tourism Day on September 27, 2022.
- Along with the Best Tourism Destination Award received by Uttarakhand on World Tourism Day, it was also given the first prize for the all-round development of tourism.
- State Tourism Minister Satpal Maharaj received the awards from Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar.
- Satpal Maharaj said that Uttarakhand invites tourists from India and abroad to come to the state and facilities and opportunities are available here in all categories of tourism. In this context, Himalaya Darshan Service has also been started through helicopter in Mussoorie, the queen of the mountains.
- On the occasion of Tourism Day, the department also informed that online competition of photography and videography will be started in various categories, in which prizes of more than Rs 25 lakh will be given.
- Apart from this, an attractive scheme has been launched for travel influencers. Under this, these persons who make videos not only in English, but also in regional languages will be listed in the department.
Switch to Hindi