Madhya Pradesh got 8 Awards in National Tourism Awards
- 28 Sep 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- The Union Ministry of Tourism presented awards in 8 different categories to Madhya Pradesh under the 'National Tourism Awards 2018-19' at the award function held in New Delhi on World Tourism Day on September 27, 2022.
- Madhya Pradesh has received 8 National Tourism Awards:
- Indore, the cleanest city in the country, won the award for 'Civic Management of a Tourist Destination in India' (Category A). The state has so far received 7 awards in this category. Mandu has been awarded in 2010-11 and 2011-12, Pachmarhi in 2012-13, Maheshwar in 2013-14, Khargone (Category B) in 2015-16 and Omkareshwar (Category B) in 2016-17.
- For the first time in the category of 'Swachh Tourism Place- Western Region', the award was received by Municipal Corporation Ujjain.
- Shiv Mandir, Bhojpur won the award for 'Best Intended and Disabled Friendly Monument'. Earlier, the state has received this honor for Sanchi Stupa in 2017-18, Amarkantak Temple in 2014-15 and Shiva Temple Bhojpur in 2013-14.
- Devi Ahilya Bai Airport, Indore has received this honor for the third consecutive time for 'Best Airport- Rest of India'.
- Malwa's mural has won the award for the category 'Excellence in Publishing-Hindi'. Earlier, in 2015-16, this honor was given for Simhastha Brochure.
- Bhopal Brochure has received this award for 'Best Tourism Promotion Publicity Material'. Prior to this, the award has been received for Lonely Planet Pocket Books in 2017-18 and CORPORATE BROCHURE of MPSTDC in 2010-11.
- Mr. Subhash Bhavre, Guide, Pench Tiger Reserve has received the award for 'Best Wildlife Guide, Western-Central'. Shri Manoj Kumar Dwivedi from Panna in 2017-18, Radhika Prasad Omre from Panna in 2016-17 and Saib Khan from Satpura in 2015-16 have received this award.
- 'Cotyard House', a homestay of Patpara village in Kanha National Park in Mandla district, has bagged the award for 'Incredible India Bed and Breakfast Establishments Approved by State Government'.
- The state has received awards for the first time in the categories “Clean Tourism Place – Western Region” (Ujjain) and “Incredible India Bed and Breakfast Establishment Approved by State Government” (Cottyard House, Homestay, Mandla). Guides of Madhya Pradesh have been awarded for the 'Best Wildlife Guide' for the fourth time in a row.