National Swachh Survekshan-2022: Haridwar gets Swachhta Award in ganga cities category
- 28 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 27, 2022, information about Haridwar being selected for the Swachh award in the category of Ganga cities of Uttarakhand in the National Clean Survey-2022 has been sent by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Development by sending a letter to the Directorate of Government and Urban Development.
- According to Ravi Shankar Bisht, mission manager of the Swachh Bharat Mission in the state, the category of Ganga cities included 15 municipal bodies in the state. Of these, Haridwar has been selected for the award. Apart from this, the situation in Dehradun city has also improved on the basis of last year's assessment.
- Dehradun has been included in the special mentioned category of cities with a population of 3 to 10 lakh.
- With Haridwar and Dehradun, the number of municipal bodies selected for the swachhta award in the state has increased to six. Earlier, four bodies - Doiwala, Narendra Nagar, Ram Nagar and Landour Cantt - were selected for the swachhata award.
- Urban Development Minister Premchand Agarwal said that Uttarakhand has been included in the first three states in the category of states with less than 100 bodies.
- These bodies have been given to Governor Lt Gen Gurmeet Singh (SEN) will be honored on October 1.