Uttarakhand gets Best Tourism Destination Award
- 28 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- Uttarakhand has been given the Best Tourism Destination Award at the National Tourism Awards event held in New Delhi under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Tourism on the occasion of World Tourism Day on September 27, 2022.
- Along with the Best Tourism Destination Award received by Uttarakhand on World Tourism Day, it was also given the first prize for the all-round development of tourism.
- State Tourism Minister Satpal Maharaj received the awards from Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar.
- Satpal Maharaj said that Uttarakhand invites tourists from India and abroad to come to the state and facilities and opportunities are available here in all categories of tourism. In this context, Himalaya Darshan Service has also been started through helicopter in Mussoorie, the queen of the mountains.
- On the occasion of Tourism Day, the department also informed that online competition of photography and videography will be started in various categories, in which prizes of more than Rs 25 lakh will be given.
- Apart from this, an attractive scheme has been launched for travel influencers. Under this, these persons who make videos not only in English, but also in regional languages will be listed in the department.