Why In News?
- On September 27, 2022, Commissioner and State Project Director of Rajasthan School Education Council Dr. Mohan Lal Yadav said that under the 'PM Shri Yojana' i.e. 'Prime Minister School for Rising India Scheme', 716 schools will be developed and upgraded in Rajasthan.
- Dr. Mohan Lal Yadav said that under the PM Shri Yojana, two schools will be selected from each block. One school will be of elementary education and one school will be of secondary education. All these schools will become model schools and will incorporate the full spirit of the National Education Policy-2020.
- The launch of the PM Shri scheme was announced by the Prime Minister on September 5, 2022. Through this scheme, a modern, transformative and holistic way of imparting education will be brought in the upgraded schools. It will focus on latest technology, smart classes, sports and modern infrastructure.
- The schools upgraded under the PM Shri Scheme will have a glimpse of all the components of the National Education Policy and will act as exemplary schools. Apart from this, he will also guide other schools.
- The selection process will be three-tier. Schools will be selected on the basis of U-DICE plus data. Schools that meet the prescribed criteria will be selected. Schools will apply through the online challenge portal, the portal will start from October 1, 2022. These will be physically verified by the state.
- The said scheme has been approved for 2022-23 to 2026-27 and there is a budget provision of Rs 27360 crore for 5 years. There is a budget provision of about Rs 1500 crore for Rajasthan.
Switch to Hindi