Why In News?
- On September 28, 2022, the Yogi Adityanath government of Uttar Pradesh, focusing on medical education, informed about the 12 best nursing colleges of the state guiding other colleges.
- On the instructions of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, 'Mission Niramaya' will be started soon to improve the quality in nursing and paramedical colleges. Its objective is to improve the quality of education and provide better employment opportunities.
- 12 colleges have been selected for mentorship. These colleges have been made mentors of other colleges. The best work being done by these colleges to provide quality education and better placements will be implemented in other colleges as well.
- GSG College of Nursing, Gorakhpur, Subharti University, Meerut, Nursing Faculty of LLRM Medical College and IIMT University, Nightingale Institute of Nursing, Gautam Budh Nagar and Nursing Faculty of Sharda University, School of Nursing at Baba Hospital, Lucknow and U.P. Nursing Faculty of University of Medical Sciences, College of Nursing of GVSM Medical College, Hillary Clinton School of Nursing Saharanpur and Nursing Colleges of Gonda and Bareilly.
- Whatever good steps and innovations are being done by these nursing and paramedical colleges for studies and placements, they will also be implemented in other nursing colleges.
- From November 2022 to February 2023, 900 nursing and paramedical colleges will be rated by the Quality Council of India (QSI). Nursing and paramedical colleges running without resources and faculty will be locked.
Switch to Hindi