Haryana-Saskatchewan Round Table Conference
- 29 Sep 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- On September 28, 2022, Haryana-Saskatchewan Round Table Conference was held in Chandigarh to identify new opportunities, strategic partnerships, facilities, support and strengthen mutual relations and interests of the Canadian province of Saskatchewan.
- The Haryana-Saskatchewan Roundtable was jointly organized by the Department of Foreign Cooperation and the Saskatchewan India Office, Canada High Commission.
- It is to be noted that under the leadership of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal, the state government has constituted a separate Department of Foreign Cooperation to increase foreign investment in Haryana.
- The State Foreign Cooperation Department is constantly in touch with foreign countries and meetings are held with investors to promote investment in the state through different programs. In this episode, the Haryana-Saskatchewan Round Table Conference was organized.
- Speaking at the conference, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Foreign Cooperation, Yogendra Chaudhary said that the Haryana government is committed to strengthen relations with Saskatchewan in the areas of skill development, academic research, trade, exports and parliamentary exchanges.
- He said that full support would be provided to Canadian companies willing to invest in Haryana as well as investors from Haryana willing to invest in Canada.
- Anant Prakash Pandey, Director General and Secretary, Department of Foreign Cooperation, said that this conference is an important step towards the MoI signed in March 2022 between the Department of Foreign Cooperation, Government of Haryana and the Ministry of Trade and Export Promotion of Saskatchewan Province, Canada.
- The conference has provided an appropriate platform to bring together stakeholders to establish a strategic partnership under the said agreement.
- Assistant Deputy Minister of the Canadian Mission in India Richel said that there are many similarities in the development journey of Saskatchewan and Haryana. Both the provinces have immense potential to take advantage of each other's strengths to meet the common goal of economic development in different regions.