Inauguration of Seed Processing and Storage Facility at Indian Grassland and Fodder Research Institute
Why In News?
- On March 11, 2023, the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the seed processing and storage facility of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) at the Indian Grassland and Grassland Research Institute, Jhansi. Women farmers conference was also organized on this occasion.
- Three units of such seed processing have been set up at regional research centres at Dharwad and Srinagar, which have been funded by the Ministry of Agriculture with financial assistance of Rs 3.7 crore.
- During the Mahila Krishak Sammelan, agricultural implements worth Rs 50 lakh were distributed to the beneficiary women farmers under the Scheduled Caste sub-project run by the institute/centres.
- The Government of India established the Indian Pasture and Fodder Research Institute in 1962 in Jhansi, the historical city of Veerangana Maharani Lakshmibai, for the development of advanced species of pasture and fodder and their management and maintenance.
- Almost all the major grasses are found in Jhansi, with this view the institute was established here, later in the year 1966 its administrative control was handed over to the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
- Keeping in view the regional requirements of climate and agriculture, three regional research centres of this institute have been established in other parts of India, which are located at Ambika Nagar (Rajasthan), Dharwad (Karnataka) and Palampur (Himachal Pradesh).
Why In News?
- On March 10, 2023, the Uttar Pradesh government gave permission to open four new private universities in the state. In the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, it has been decided to issue letters of intent to four new private universities.
The Higher Education Department will soon issue them letters of intent and then their construction will start.
- These universities include Varun Arjun University Shahjahanpur, T.S Mishra University Lucknow, Farukh Hussain University Agra and Vivek National University Bijnor.
- In a statement issued in this regard, it has been said that the purpose of issuing letters of intent to new private universities is to improve the standard of education and provide quality education.
- These universities will have to complete all formalities within two years after the letter of intent is issued. If the formalities are not completed, the letter of intent will be cancelled
Why In News?
- On March 12, 2023, Rail Land Development Authority's Joint General Manager P.R. Singh said that the railway junction at Muzaffarpur, the major city after state capital Patna, will be made world-class.
- Joint General Manager of Rail Land Development Authority P.R. Singh said that this work of making Muzaffarpur railway junction world class will be done in two phases. The work of the first phase will be completed in 2024.
- He informed that all types of modern services will be restored for the convenience of passengers at the railway junction of Smart City Muzaffarpur. Special care will be taken of passenger safety. There will be airport-like facilities at the railway junction. Muzaffarpur Junction will become the best junction in North Bihar.
- According to the information, apart from air concourse, combined terminal, separate buildings will be ready for entry and exit passengers multi-story parking.
- Under phase II, the project will be completed by September 2025. With this, Muzaffarpur Junction will be seen in a new look.
- The Joint General Manager said that a total of Rs 446 crore will be spent on the development of the station. Passenger amenities will be developed at the junction like the airport. For this, elevated roads, escalators, elevators, ticket and engineering terminals and market complexes will be constructed.
Why In News?
- According to the information given by the Public Relations, Information and Language Department of Rajasthan on March 12, 2023, Behavioural Lab will be established at Harishchandra Mathur Rajasthan State Institute of Public Administration located in Jaipur district. For this, the Chief Minister has approved a financial proposal of Rs 1.22 crore.
- The behavioural lab will be set up at Patel Bhawan of Rajasthan State Institute of Public Administration. This will be the first behavioural lab being built with state-of-the-art technology in the country.
- The lab, to be set up in an area of about 2665.04 sq. ft, will be managed and operated by IIM Udaipur.
- The faculty of IIM Udaipur will provide training on experimental methods. Here P.H.D Level certificate courses will be conducted. International experts will also be involved in conducting experiments and workshops.
- Here, the behaviour of humans will be studied with the help of innovative technology including state-of-the-art software, hardware. The state-of-the-art lab will room, PC lab have all the necessary rooms including focus group, control room for measurement, waiting area and office space.
- Through this laboratory, training programs will be organized in the field of practical management and conducting experiential studies in various colleges and universities.
Why In News?
- On March 12, 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has approved Rs 5.18 crore for opening animal husbandry training centers in Alwar, Nagaur, Bharatpur, Sikar and Ajmer and necessary resources to provide training to animal herders in new techniques.
- According to the proposal, each of these training institutes in the state will have 3 30 cattle batches of breeders each month. In this way, a total of 36 batches will be organized in a year and 1080 cattle rearers will be trained. In this way, 5400 cattle farmers will be trained every year in all the five centres.
- Various schemes are being run by the state government towards the all-around development of cattle rearers. The training centres will lead to better work towards advanced and prosperous animal husbandry and will also increase employment opportunities.
- It is noteworthy that Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had announced to open animal husbandry training centers in five districts in the budget year 2023-24.
Why In News?
- Jaipur, March 11, 2023: As part of The International Women's Day Week in Rajasthan, a District-level Indira Mahila Shakti Promotion and Samman Ceremony was organized under the auspices of the District Administration and District Women Empowerment Office at Jaipur Zilla Parishad Auditorium.
- In the program organized, institutions and personalities working in the field of women and girl development were honoured.
- Inaaya Foundation was awarded the first prize, Sarita Yogi was awarded the second and Ekadashi Foundation was awarded the third prize.
- The awardees were given cash prizes, mementos and certificates.
- On this occasion, Deputy Director Women's Empowerment Dr. Rajesh Dogiwal also honoured Garima Sharma, Parul and Dr. Shraddha for playing an important role in public awareness in Udaan scheme.
- Apart from this, a colleague, a worker, a colleague, an assistant of the Women and Child Development Department were also honoured with cash prizes of Rs 11,000 each, mementoes and certificates.
Why In News?
- On March 11, 2023, on the occasion of International Women's Day, the Center for Research and Industrial Staff Performance (CRISP) conferred 'Ahilya Samman-2023' to five women of the state.
- Awardees included cricketer Soumya Tiwari, Bharatanatyam dancer and theatre artist Tanishka Hatwalane, TV actress Shubhangi Atre, Gondi mural artist Nankusia Shyam and actress and singer Vibha Srivastava. Shubhangi Atre could not attend the programme.
- Introduction of women honoured with 'Ahilya Samman- 2023'
- Indian women's cricket team's Under-19 cricketer Soumya Tiwari has recently been the top scorer of the T20 World Cup final.
- Bharatanatyam dancer Tanishka Hatwalne has represented the country at many international forums.
- TV actress Shubhangi Atre is a well-known face of the small screen.
- Shubhangi, famous for the serial 'Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hain', struggled and made a place in the world of acting.
- Nankusia Shyam has made the country proud in the world along with Madhya Pradesh through Gondi murals.
- Actress and singer Vibha Srivastava has acted in more than 60 plays.
- It is noteworthy that, the National Devi Ahilya Samman was established by the Culture Department of Madhya Pradesh in the year 1996 to honour women artists in the field of tribal folk and traditional arts.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh and a citation.
- Devi Ahilya Samman is given based on creative, excellence, long spiritual practice and current creative activism of the artist. At the time of award, it is mandatory to activate the creation of the chosen artist.
Why In News?
- From March 10-12, 2023, Haryana Krishi Vikas Mela-2023 was organized at Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University located in Hisar district of Haryana.
- Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the underground pipeline portal and e-Rupee app on the concluding day of the Haryana Krishi Vikas Mela-2023.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister said that the scientists of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Maharana Pratap Horticulture University and research institutes should cooperate for research work and bring forward new disciplines. For this, they will be encouraged, due to which the agricultural cost in farming will be reduced, along with good yield, the income of the farmers will also increase.
- He said that the government is giving subsidy of up to 85 percent to the farmers to adopt micro irrigation for proper use of water. Apart from this, borewells are being installed to put rainwater back into the ground, in which the farmer must pay only 25 thousand rupees, the rest of the cost will be borne by the government. The government will install 1,000 recharging borewells in the first phase.
- The Chief Minister said that about 80 lakh acres of land is cultivable the state, this land in every inch of is being prepared. For this, farmers should upload the complete details of their crop on My Crop-My Details the '' portal. FPOs are being formed to increase the income of farmers in the state.
- He said that Haryana is the first state, which buys 11 crops on MSP. The difference between the MSP and the purchase price is also being given to the farmers under the 'Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojana'.
- Manohar Lal Khattar told in the program that for the first time in the state, the Haryana government has supplied water to 300 tails along the border of Rajasthan, where water had not reached for the last 25 years.
- On this occasion, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister J.P. Dalal said that every year this 3-day fair is organized by the Agriculture Department and Haryana Agricultural University. Now it has been decided that in order to enhance the format of this fair in future, along with Agriculture Department, CII, foreign universities and foreign institutions will also participate in the fair.
- He told that under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Government of India has increased the budget of farmers, which was Rs 20 to 25,000 crore in the year 2014, it has been increased six times to Rs 1,25,000 crore this year.
- In this budget also, the Chief Minister has increased the budget of Rs 40 crore to Rs 400 crore for the care of destitute animals.
- He said that about 6000 crore rupees have been received by the farmers in Haryana under the Crop Insurance Scheme. Apart from this, the farmers who were not covered under the Crop Insurance Scheme, have been given compensation of about Rs 4000 crore even after their crops failed.
Why In News?
- On March 12, 2023, Uttarakhand Olympic Association General Secretary D.K. Singh said that in the meeting of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) chaired by P.T. Usha in Haldwani, it has been decided that in the year 2024, the 38th National Games will be held in Uttarakhand.
- It is known that Chhattisgarh had also claimed to host the National Games, but the IOA has hosted Uttarakhand.
- Apart from the development of sports in the country, other key points were also discussed in the meeting of the Indian Olympic Association. The National Games were also discussed during which it was decided that the September-October National Games will be held in Goa in 37th this year.
- The IOA has immediately nominated IOA Joint Secretary Alaknanda Ashok to test its preparations for the National Games in Uttarakhand.
- It is known that after Kerala in 2015, Goa and Uttarakhand were to organize these games, in both these states, these games were postponed from but due to incomplete preparation 2018. The 36th National Games were allotted to Goa, 37th Chhattisgarh, while the 38th National Games to Uttarakhand in 2014 were allotted, but Goa withdrew from holding the 36th Games and the National Games continued to slip due to incomplete preparations in Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand.
- It is known that in view of the continuous delay in the National Games, the then President of IOA, Haldwani resident Rajeev Mehta, after talking to the Government of India and the Government of Gujarat, got the National Games organized in Gujarat in September 2022 in a very short time.
Brave Women of Uttarakhand and Soldiers who Received Gallantry Awards will be Able to Travel Free of Cost in Roadways Buses
Why In News?
- According to the information received from the media on March 11, 2023, in the order issued by Uttarakhand's Military Welfare Secretary Deependra Kumar Chaudhary, it has been said that 1130 brave women of the state and 1727 soldiers and ex-servicemen who have received gallantry awards will be sent to Uttarakhand Transport Corporation buses. Will be able to travel for free.
- In the order issued by the Secretary of Military Welfare, Dipendra Kumar Chowdhary, it has been told that the expenses incurred on free travel in the buses of the Transport Corporation of Indian soldiers and their women who have received gallantry awards, will be paid and reimbursed by the Department of Military Welfare as per the rules. Will be done on behalf of the Transport Corporation.
- It has been said in the order given to the Director of the State's Military Welfare and Rehabilitation Department that a proposal should be prepared and made available to the government in time for making budget arrangements through new demand in the income and expenditure of the Military Welfare Department.
- Significantly, the highest number of 203 brave women (war widows) are in Pithoragarh district in the state. In this, 185 brave women are the wives of martyred soldiers, 17 JCOs and one martyred army officer.
- Apart from this, 82 in Almora, 97 in Bageshwar, 32 in Champawat, 115 in Chamoli, 143 in Dehradun, 13 in Haridwar, 150 in Lansdowne, 69 in Nainital, 70 in Pauri, 43 in Rudraprayag, 63 in Tehri, 40 in Udham Singh Nagar. There are 10 Veer Naris in Uttarkashi.
- There is no dearth of brave soldiers in the state who displayed indomitable courage for the security of the country. 1727 soldiers and ex-servicemen have received various gallantry awards like Mahavir Chakra, Vir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Shaurya Chakra, Sena Medal etc. in the state.
Why In News?
- According to information received from the media on March 11, 2023, researchers at IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand have discovered an antibacterial molecule that, when used with drugs, will not only prevent infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria, rather, it will also end drug resistance.
- The institute has named this molecule as IITR 00693. The findings of this research by IIT Roorkee have been published in the prestigious American Chemical Society Journal ACS Infectious Diseases.
- The research team includes Ashish Kothari and Balram Umar from Rishikesh AIIMS, besides Varsha Gupta from Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh. Mehak Saini and Amit Gaurav from IIT Roorkee are also part of the team.
- Professor Ranjana Pathania, Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Roorkee, who led the research team, told that they are now working to develop the molecule as a behavioural therapeutic agent. Its clinical trial can be started soon.
- This new molecule of IIT will also have an effective effect on Gram-positive and negative bacteria. Apart from lung, intestine, joint and skin infections, this molecule will also give better results when given with other antibacterial medicines in infections spreading in the burning state.
- This new molecule will soon eliminate resistance to the drug during the treatment of deadly infections in delicate parts of the body and skin.
Switch to Hindi