Bihar's Muzaffarpur Railway Junction Will Become World Class
- 13 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On March 12, 2023, Rail Land Development Authority's Joint General Manager P.R. Singh said that the railway junction at Muzaffarpur, the major city after state capital Patna, will be made world-class.
- Joint General Manager of Rail Land Development Authority P.R. Singh said that this work of making Muzaffarpur railway junction world class will be done in two phases. The work of the first phase will be completed in 2024.
- He informed that all types of modern services will be restored for the convenience of passengers at the railway junction of Smart City Muzaffarpur. Special care will be taken of passenger safety. There will be airport-like facilities at the railway junction. Muzaffarpur Junction will become the best junction in North Bihar.
- According to the information, apart from air concourse, combined terminal, separate buildings will be ready for entry and exit passengers multi-story parking.
- Under phase II, the project will be completed by September 2025. With this, Muzaffarpur Junction will be seen in a new look.
- The Joint General Manager said that a total of Rs 446 crore will be spent on the development of the station. Passenger amenities will be developed at the junction like the airport. For this, elevated roads, escalators, elevators, ticket and engineering terminals and market complexes will be constructed.