Why In News?
- From March 10-12, 2023, Haryana Krishi Vikas Mela-2023 was organized at Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University located in Hisar district of Haryana.
- Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the underground pipeline portal and e-Rupee app on the concluding day of the Haryana Krishi Vikas Mela-2023.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister said that the scientists of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Maharana Pratap Horticulture University and research institutes should cooperate for research work and bring forward new disciplines. For this, they will be encouraged, due to which the agricultural cost in farming will be reduced, along with good yield, the income of the farmers will also increase.
- He said that the government is giving subsidy of up to 85 percent to the farmers to adopt micro irrigation for proper use of water. Apart from this, borewells are being installed to put rainwater back into the ground, in which the farmer must pay only 25 thousand rupees, the rest of the cost will be borne by the government. The government will install 1,000 recharging borewells in the first phase.
- The Chief Minister said that about 80 lakh acres of land is cultivable the state, this land in every inch of is being prepared. For this, farmers should upload the complete details of their crop on My Crop-My Details the '' portal. FPOs are being formed to increase the income of farmers in the state.
- He said that Haryana is the first state, which buys 11 crops on MSP. The difference between the MSP and the purchase price is also being given to the farmers under the 'Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojana'.
- Manohar Lal Khattar told in the program that for the first time in the state, the Haryana government has supplied water to 300 tails along the border of Rajasthan, where water had not reached for the last 25 years.
- On this occasion, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister J.P. Dalal said that every year this 3-day fair is organized by the Agriculture Department and Haryana Agricultural University. Now it has been decided that in order to enhance the format of this fair in future, along with Agriculture Department, CII, foreign universities and foreign institutions will also participate in the fair.
- He told that under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Government of India has increased the budget of farmers, which was Rs 20 to 25,000 crore in the year 2014, it has been increased six times to Rs 1,25,000 crore this year.
- In this budget also, the Chief Minister has increased the budget of Rs 40 crore to Rs 400 crore for the care of destitute animals.
- He said that about 6000 crore rupees have been received by the farmers in Haryana under the Crop Insurance Scheme. Apart from this, the farmers who were not covered under the Crop Insurance Scheme, have been given compensation of about Rs 4000 crore even after their crops failed.
Switch to Hindi