Why in News
- On October 11, 2021, approval was given to the proposal of the Energy Department to install prepaid meters in all the houses of the state.
- The project, costing Rs. 1110 crore has to be completed in the next 42 months.
- Once the project is completed, Bihar will become the first state in the country to have prepaid meters in all households.
- The installation of prepaid meters will be done by Power Finance Corporation Limited, Rural Electrification Corporation and Energy Efficiency Services Limited along with South Bihar and North Bihar Power Distribution Company.
- No additional amount will be charged from any consumer for installing Smart Prepaid Meters. The power companies will bear the cost.
- On installing smart prepaid meters, consumers will be given a three percent discount in electricity bill.
Why in News
- In the first meeting of Haryana Family Identification Authority held on October 11, 2021, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar directed that benefits of all schemes and services of various departments should be given only through Parivar Pehchan Patra from November 1.
- It is worth noting that the Parivar Pehchan Patra Yojana was started by the Haryana Government in 2020.
- Under Parivar Pehchan Patra, an eight digit unique family ID is being provided considering each family as a unit.
- Its objective is to create authentic, verified and reliable data of all households in Haryana, so that the benefits of government schemes can be provided to every beneficiary in a hassle-free manner.
Why in News
- On October 11, 2021, the number of mobile vans administered anti-COVID-19 vaccines in Ranchi crossed one lakh, making Ranchi the first district in Jharkhand to achieve this feat.
- To protect against corona in Ranchi, vaccination was started from a mobile van on May 28, 2021, which made this record by touching the figure of one lakh on October 11, 2021.
- Initially vaccination was started by only 2 mobile vans, but at present the service of 11 mobile vans is being taken.
- It may be noted that mobile vaccination was started with the aim of resolving the technical problem of online registration regarding Kovid-19 vaccination and non-internet friendly of a large population, in which the people were given the phone number (7546028221) so that they can request for vaccination by calling
- Due to this process, especially the elderly, differently-abled and disabled people from slum areas have benefited immensely.
Why in News
- On October 11, 2021, a notification was issued by the President for the transfer of Allahabad High Court Judge Subhash Chand to the Jharkhand High Court.
- With the appointment of Justice Subhash Chand, the total number of judges in the Jharkhand High Court will increase to 20, while the total sanctioned posts of judges in the Jharkhand High Court are 25, i.e. 5 posts are still vacant.
- It is to be noted that earlier on October 6, 2021 also, a notification was issued by the President for the appointment of 4 new judges in the Jharkhand High Court and on October 8, 2021, these judges took oath of office and secrecy.
- On October 8, 2021, Ambuj Nath, Gautam Kumar Choudhary, Navneet Kumar, Sanjay Prasad were sworn in by the Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, Dr. Ravi Ranjan.
- It may be noted that the Supreme Court Collegium had recommended the names of 5 judges for appointment to the Jharkhand High Court.
Why in News
- On October 11, 2021, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel transferred a total amount of Rs 7.36 crore to the accounts of cattle farmers, dung collectors, women self-help groups and Gothan committees in the form of dividend under 'Godhan Nyay Yojana' and said that the cow Electricity will be generated from cow dung on 'Mission Mode'.
- The Chief Minister transferred Rs 1.87 crore to the accounts of cattle owners and dung collectors in lieu of dung purchased from September 16 to September 30, Rs 2.14 crore to women self-help groups and Rs 3.25 crore to Gothan committees as dividend.
- The Chief Minister said that the electricity generated from the Gothans would be purchased by the State Government, from which the villages would get revenue. There are already three Gothans generating electricity in Raipur, Bemetara and Durg districts. Soon the villages will be made self-sufficient in electricity generation.
- He said that Godhan Nyay Mission is being formed for operation in mission mode of Godhan Nyay Yojana, under which necessary infrastructure will be constructed in Gothans at a rapid pace. Measures will be taken to increase the income of farmers, livestock farmers, self-help groups and Gothan committees.
- It may be mentioned that 10,501 Gothans have been approved in the State, out of which 7460 Gothans have been made. So far 52 lakh 21 thousand quintals of cow dung has been purchased under Godhan Nyay Yojana.
- The Chief Minister said that 'Women Self Help Groups' would not only be given the limited task of converting cow dung into vermi-compost, but various employment oriented activities would be started with the help of state and central government schemes.
- In the Gothans, organic manure making, community kitchen garden, mushroom production, fisheries, goat rearing, poultry and manufacturing of various products from cow dung are being promoted.
- On this occasion, Agriculture Minister Ravindra Choubey said that Gothans are being converted into Rural Industrial Parks for multi-level economic activities.
Why in News
- According to an official statement issued by the state government on October 11, 2021, a target of providing free rice to a total of 58.91 lakh families in the state from May to November 2021 has been set under the Public Distribution System (PDS).
- In view of the pandemic situation, the Chhattisgarh government had announced to provide free rice to poor and needy ration card holders.
- According to official sources, a total of 51.20 lakh families are covered under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) in the state and they will have to pay Rs 3 per kg of rice.
- Under the 'Annapurna Anna Yojana' of the Government of Chhattisgarh, 35 kg rice is given to Antyodaya families and 5 kg rice per member to priority families.
- Under PMGKAY, each member of the family holding Antyodaya and priority ration cards gets 5 kg additional rice under the Centre's scheme.
Why in News
- On October 11, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the 'Annotsav Programme', by distributing ration kits to six beneficiaries.
- The 'Annotsav program' is an important program started under the 'Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana'. Its objective is to provide food and honor to every beneficiary.
- Under this program being implemented by the Food and Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department of the state, 14 lakh ration kits will be distributed to the poor beneficiaries of the state through Fair Price Shops.
- It is noteworthy that to deal with the challenges of the Covid-19 epidemic, 'Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana' was started by the Government of India in 2020, under which every person would be provided 5 kg free food grains in addition to the 5 kg subsidized food grains under NFSA.
Why in News
- The IVF Center in the Department of Gynecology, AIIMS was inaugurated by Dr. Arvind Rajvanshi, Director, AIIMS Rishikesh on October 11, 2021.
- With this, AIIMS Rishikesh has become the first government hospital in the state of Uttarakhand, where the facility of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is available.
- AIIMS Rishikesh will provide this facility for women up to 45 years of age and men up to 50 years of age as per the guidelines of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- It is noteworthy that IVF is an assisted reproductive technology, under which eggs obtained from the ovaries of a female in the laboratory are exposed to sperms in a fluid medium. The fertilized egg obtained from this process is transferred to the female's womb. The babies born through this whole process are called 'test tube babies'.
- Robert Edward is considered to be the father of IVF technology.
Switch to Hindi