Jharkhand High Court Gets one More Judge
- 12 Oct 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On October 11, 2021, a notification was issued by the President for the transfer of Allahabad High Court Judge Subhash Chand to the Jharkhand High Court.
- With the appointment of Justice Subhash Chand, the total number of judges in the Jharkhand High Court will increase to 20, while the total sanctioned posts of judges in the Jharkhand High Court are 25, i.e. 5 posts are still vacant.
- It is to be noted that earlier on October 6, 2021 also, a notification was issued by the President for the appointment of 4 new judges in the Jharkhand High Court and on October 8, 2021, these judges took oath of office and secrecy.
- On October 8, 2021, Ambuj Nath, Gautam Kumar Choudhary, Navneet Kumar, Sanjay Prasad were sworn in by the Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, Dr. Ravi Ranjan.
- It may be noted that the Supreme Court Collegium had recommended the names of 5 judges for appointment to the Jharkhand High Court.