Appointment of Four New Judges in Jharkhand High Court
- 09 Oct 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On October 8, 2021, Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court Dr. Ravi Ranjan administered the oath of office and secrecy to four new judges.
- These newly appointed judges are- Ambuj Nath, Gautam Kumar Choudhary, Navneet Kumar and Sanjay Prasad.
- It is known that the names of 5 judges were recommended by the Supreme Court Collegium to the Central Government for appointment to the Jharkhand High Court, but only four names were approved by the Central Government.
- The total sanctioned posts of judges in the Jharkhand High Court are 25, but even after these new appointments, the total number of judges posted is only 19 at present.
- It is noteworthy that before the formation of Jharkhand state, the first circuit bench of Patna High Court was established in Ranchi on 6th March, 1972, which got the status of a permanent bench in 1976, but in present form Jharkhand High Court came into existence on 15th November, 2000 when the state of Bihar was reorganized and a new state of Jharkhand emerged.