Why in News
- On October 11, 2021, the number of mobile vans administered anti-COVID-19 vaccines in Ranchi crossed one lakh, making Ranchi the first district in Jharkhand to achieve this feat.
- To protect against corona in Ranchi, vaccination was started from a mobile van on May 28, 2021, which made this record by touching the figure of one lakh on October 11, 2021.
- Initially vaccination was started by only 2 mobile vans, but at present the service of 11 mobile vans is being taken.
- It may be noted that mobile vaccination was started with the aim of resolving the technical problem of online registration regarding Kovid-19 vaccination and non-internet friendly of a large population, in which the people were given the phone number (7546028221) so that they can request for vaccination by calling
- Due to this process, especially the elderly, differently-abled and disabled people from slum areas have benefited immensely.
Why in News
- On October 11, 2021, a notification was issued by the President for the transfer of Allahabad High Court Judge Subhash Chand to the Jharkhand High Court.
- With the appointment of Justice Subhash Chand, the total number of judges in the Jharkhand High Court will increase to 20, while the total sanctioned posts of judges in the Jharkhand High Court are 25, i.e. 5 posts are still vacant.
- It is to be noted that earlier on October 6, 2021 also, a notification was issued by the President for the appointment of 4 new judges in the Jharkhand High Court and on October 8, 2021, these judges took oath of office and secrecy.
- On October 8, 2021, Ambuj Nath, Gautam Kumar Choudhary, Navneet Kumar, Sanjay Prasad were sworn in by the Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, Dr. Ravi Ranjan.
- It may be noted that the Supreme Court Collegium had recommended the names of 5 judges for appointment to the Jharkhand High Court.
Switch to Hindi