Why in News
- On December 8, 2021, an agreement was signed between the Education Department of Bihar and the Akshaya Patra Foundation of Bangalore for mid-day meals to the children of Patna, Danapur and Phulwari Sharif under the Pradhan Mantri Poshan Yojana.
- The agreement was signed by the department at the Madan Mohan Jha Memorial Auditorium, located in the Education Department, by the District Program Officer (Mid-day Meal) of Patna District and Swami Anantveer Das, Vice President of the Foundation on behalf of Akshaya Patra Foundation, Bangalore.
- It is worth noting that Akshaya Patra Foundation is a non-governmental organization in India, headquartered in Bangalore. The Akshayapatra Foundation started the mid-day meal program in June 2000 by serving 1,500 children mid-day meals in five government schools in Bengaluru (Karnataka).
- This organization strives to eliminate classroom hunger by implementing the Mid-Day Meal Scheme in government schools and government aided schools. Also Akshaya Patra Foundation aims to combat malnutrition and support the right to education of socio-economically disadvantaged children.
Why in News
- On December 8, 2021, Rajasthan's Art and Culture Minister Dr BD Kalla released the book 'Freedom Struggle of Rajasthan and Vijay Singh Pathik' in Bikaner district.
- In this episode of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav program, during the program organized in Rajasthan State Archives Complex, Dr. Kalla said that the role of Vijay Singh Pathik was very important in getting freedom for the country. Based on the original documents related to his overall personality, this book will prove beneficial for the future generations.
- The need for a book based on the original inscriptions of Vijay Singh Pathik was felt by Rajasthan and adjoining states. In view of this, this book has been published by the Archives.
- The Art-Culture Minister described Rajasthani language as one of the richest languages of the world and said that there is abundant literature in it. Rajasthani language is spoken and understood by more than 100 million people around the world.
- A proposal to include it in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution has been passed by the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly years ago. He informed about the work being done by the state government for the promotion of Rajasthani films.
Why in News
- In this episode of Invest Rajasthan-2022 Summit on December 8, 2021, Memorandum of Understanding and Letter of Intent were signed in the Investor Connect Program held in Mumbai and Ahmedabad for Rs. 1 lakh 94 thousand 800 crore and Rs. 1 lakh 5 thousand 700 crore respectively.
- New employment opportunities are likely to be created in sectors including renewable energy, mines and minerals, city gas, pharma, engineering, among others.
- A one-to-one meeting was held with about 15 new investors at the event organized at Hotel Courtyard Marriott, Ahmedabad. Along with this, people associated with the industry were also invited for Invest Rajasthan to be organized in the state on January 24-25.
Why in News
- On December 8, 2021, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the financing and implementation of the Ken-Betwa river interlinking project.
- Chhatarpur, Panna, Tikamgarh, Niwari, Damoh, Sagar, Datia, Shivpuri, Vidisha and Raisen districts of Madhya Pradesh will be benefited under Bundelkhand region on completion of this project costing Rs 44,605 crore. In addition, 103 MW of hydropower and 27 MW of solar power will be generated.
- An amount of Rs.39,317 crore has been approved for this project as central support, Rs.36,290 crore as grant-in-aid and Rs.3,027 crore as loan. This project will also pave the way for other river interlinking projects in India.
- It is worth noting that the Ken-Betwa link project, which is taking shape under the National River Interlinking Project, is an ambitious national project in the form of the dream of former Prime Minister of India, Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The following will be the benefits of this project:
- With the implementation of the project, irrigation facilities will be available in 8 lakh 11 thousand hectare area in Bundelkhand region of Madhya Pradesh, which will increase agricultural production and end the problem of drought.
- 41 lakh population of the state affected by the water crisis will get drinking water facility.
- The project will improve the ground water level.
- The project will generate 103 MW of electricity, which will be fully utilized by Madhya Pradesh.
- Industrialization and investment will be encouraged in Bundelkhand region with water supply and employment opportunities will be available.
- At the local level, there will be self-reliance among the general public and migration of people from the area will stop. Tourism will be boosted in Bundelkhand region.
Why in News
- On December 8, 2021, Madhya Pradesh's Urban Development and Housing Minister Bhupendra Singh launched 'Dular Kit', compostable carry bag and home composting made under the innovation Recycle, Reduce, Reuse started by Municipal Corporation Bhopal.
- Traders will be encouraged to use compostable carry bags in other markets including vegetable markets. This carry bag is certified by the Central and State Pollution Control Board, which easily ends up underground in a few days.
- After collecting old unused clean clothes from homes, cleaning and sanitizing them properly, 'Dular Kit' is made for newborn children and mothers by the cleanliness brand ambassador organization 'Mannat' of Municipal Corporation Bhopal. The 'Dular Kit' will be distributed free of cost to the needy.
- It is worth noting that the Municipal Corporation Bhopal is running a campaign to segregate the waste at home through composting and make compost from wet waste.
Why in News
- Recently, the SDS agency located in Gurugram district of Haryana has declared the elevated road to be built in Hisar district as the longest elevated road in the state so far.
- Elevated road project has been started in the heart of the city to reduce the traffic load in Hisar district.
- The elevated road is designed in such a way that the maximum number of vehicles can use it.
- The length of this elevated road will be 8.9 km and width will be about 15 m.
- The estimated cost of the elevated road project is likely to be Rs 1100 crore.
- It is noteworthy that the length of the elevated road built in Panipat district is the highest in the state, but it comes under NHAI.
- This elevated road to be built in Hisar under B&R will be the single longest elevated road in the state.
Why in News
- Recently, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has started the process of registration on E-shram portal to give benefits of schemes to railway goods warehouse workers.
- The Chief Minister said that work is being done to double the income of farmers as well as laborers in the state. For this, registration of unorganized workers is being done in the state.
- Goods warehouse workers who have registered will also be able to get the benefit of schemes related to the central and state government.
- He said that labor is the real builder of society. When the Industrial Revolution came in the 19th century, the railways played an important role in the development of industries. The country progressed through industries, industries grew through railways and railways progressed through labour. The progress of any country depends on the workers.
- Haryana government is also registering construction workers, migrant workers, shopkeepers, fishermen and other workers in the unorganized sector. On completion of their registration, they will be able to get the benefit of 22 schemes like health, children's education, employment, house and social security pension.
Why in News
- On December 8, 2021, under the chairmanship of Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the Council of Ministers took important decisions at his residence office.
- The cabinet decided to distribute additional food grains free of cost under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana on the ration cards issued under the Food and Nutrition Security Act. On this, the expenditure of Rs 223.58 crore will be reimbursed to Chhattisgarh State Civil Supplies Corporation under the Chief Minister's Food Assistance Scheme.
- Industries based on plant and machinery engaged in solar power generation were included in the category of high priority. Industry based on wood produced on private land was included in the priority industry.
- The earlier amendments in the Industrial Policy were approved to be effective from November 1, 2019. Jute bags/gunny bags used in paddy/rice procurement were included in high priority.
- In the Kharif marketing year 2021-22, the rate of old jute gunny bags for the purchase of paddy from farmers in support price has been fixed from Rs 18 per piece to Rs 25 per nos. The Chief Minister was approved to make payment of support price to the farmers along with the payment of support price.
- The Chief Minister has announced to give custom milling incentive amount of Rs 120 per quintal to rice mills in the Kharif marketing year 2021-22.
- The proposal for the post of Vice-Chairman was approved by amending the sections of the Chhattisgarh State Backward Commission Act, 1995.
- Under the Godhan Nyay Yojna, it was decided to include compost produced in Gothan Samiti for sale through cooperative societies to private institutions/firms and allow 0.5 percent administrative expenditure in the budget provisioned under the scheme.
- The Chhattisgarh Appropriation Bill, 2021 was approved for the presentation of the Second Supplementary Estimate Year 2021-22 in the Vidhan Sabha.
Why in News
- On December 8, 2021, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the eco-learning center built on Dudhwa Dam in North Bastar Kanker and eco-tourism site built on Kodar Reservoir in Mahasamund district to promote tourism.
- The Chief Minister said that this would also provide employment to the local people. Both these tourist places will definitely be successful in creating awareness about the environment along with giving information about wildlife and biodiversity to the general public.
- It is noteworthy that under the announcement made by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel for tourism development under the Ramvangaman Path in the archeologically built Sirpur in March 2021, Van Chetna Kendra Kodar has been developed as an eco-tourism destination.
- Facility for sale of products made by Self Help Groups of the district and Sanjeevani products is also being developed in this center. The Khallari Mata temple is located near the site, where tourists can also visit.
- The Eco Learning Center located at Dudhwa Reservoir in Kanker district will be operated by the Forest Management Committee.
Why in News
- On December 8, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the Milk Price Promotion Scheme at IRDT Auditorium, Survey Chowk, Dehradun.
- During this, he announced to increase the incentive amount to 50 paise per liter of milk for the secretaries of milk societies of plain areas and Re 1 per liter of milk for secretaries of milk societies in hilly areas.
- Along with this, the Chief Minister announced to increase the milk price incentive amount from Rs 4 per liter to Rs 5 per litre. Along with this, an announcement will be made to release funds for the Directorate of Milk Development Department at Haldwani at the earliest.
- It is noteworthy that for the outstanding incentive amount of the milk producers of Uttarakhand, Rs 24 crore has been sanctioned across the state. This amount is being given for dairy development. A total of 52 thousand members have joined this scheme, who will get the benefit of this scheme.
- At the launch of this scheme, the Chief Minister has given an amount of one crore rupees to the milk producers through DBT.
Why in News
- On December 8, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated the state level Khel Mahakumbh-2021 organized at Maharana Pratap Sports College in Dehradun district.
- State level Khel Mahakumbh-2021 has been organized by the Department of Youth Welfare.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has accepted the long standing demand of PRD jawans.
- He announced to give 300 days work in a year to PRD jawans and financial assistance of Rs 2 lac to the next of kin in case of death of any jawan in the line of duty.
- Apart from this, he has increased the honorarium of PRD jawans by Rs 70 per day and also announced restructuring of the structure of the youth welfare department.
- The Chief Minister said that the Uttarakhand government would soon set up a sports university in the state, in which free education would be provided to the students studying in the state.
Switch to Hindi