Why in News
- On December 8, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the Milk Price Promotion Scheme at IRDT Auditorium, Survey Chowk, Dehradun.
- During this, he announced to increase the incentive amount to 50 paise per liter of milk for the secretaries of milk societies of plain areas and Re 1 per liter of milk for secretaries of milk societies in hilly areas.
- Along with this, the Chief Minister announced to increase the milk price incentive amount from Rs 4 per liter to Rs 5 per litre. Along with this, an announcement will be made to release funds for the Directorate of Milk Development Department at Haldwani at the earliest.
- It is noteworthy that for the outstanding incentive amount of the milk producers of Uttarakhand, Rs 24 crore has been sanctioned across the state. This amount is being given for dairy development. A total of 52 thousand members have joined this scheme, who will get the benefit of this scheme.
- At the launch of this scheme, the Chief Minister has given an amount of one crore rupees to the milk producers through DBT.
Why in News
- On December 8, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated the state level Khel Mahakumbh-2021 organized at Maharana Pratap Sports College in Dehradun district.
- State level Khel Mahakumbh-2021 has been organized by the Department of Youth Welfare.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has accepted the long standing demand of PRD jawans.
- He announced to give 300 days work in a year to PRD jawans and financial assistance of Rs 2 lac to the next of kin in case of death of any jawan in the line of duty.
- Apart from this, he has increased the honorarium of PRD jawans by Rs 70 per day and also announced restructuring of the structure of the youth welfare department.
- The Chief Minister said that the Uttarakhand government would soon set up a sports university in the state, in which free education would be provided to the students studying in the state.
Switch to Hindi