Registration on E-Shram Portal
- 09 Dec 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- Recently, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has started the process of registration on E-shram portal to give benefits of schemes to railway goods warehouse workers.
- The Chief Minister said that work is being done to double the income of farmers as well as laborers in the state. For this, registration of unorganized workers is being done in the state.
- Goods warehouse workers who have registered will also be able to get the benefit of schemes related to the central and state government.
- He said that labor is the real builder of society. When the Industrial Revolution came in the 19th century, the railways played an important role in the development of industries. The country progressed through industries, industries grew through railways and railways progressed through labour. The progress of any country depends on the workers.
- Haryana government is also registering construction workers, migrant workers, shopkeepers, fishermen and other workers in the unorganized sector. On completion of their registration, they will be able to get the benefit of 22 schemes like health, children's education, employment, house and social security pension.