Uttar Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Integrated Court Complex
Why In News?
On December 6, 2022, according to the information received from the media, on the lines of the Integrated Court Complex built in Baroda, Gujarat, Integrated Court Complex will be constructed as a pilot project in ten districts of the state. 400 crore rupees have been given for this special project through the supplementary budget passed by the Vidhan Sabha.
- The 10 districts selected as a pilot project for the unified court complex are Mahoba, Hathras, Chandauli, Shamli, Amethi, Hapur, Auraiya, Sonbhadra, Sambhal and Chitrakoot.
- The Chief Minister said that according to the different nature of crimes in the states, the number of courts attached to different laws for speedy justice has also increased. In many places, both judicial officers and complainants face problems due to courts in rented buildings. There are also problems in security and administrative arrangements. In view of this, it has been decided to set up a unified court complex for the courts.
- Apart from this, in an order, the Supreme Court has also ordered the construction of such court complexes.
- Public Works, Home and Law and Justice departments are working on the project on the instructions of the Chief Minister in the state. The integrated building will have space for all facilities including court, judges' chamber, meeting hall, video court, parking, canteen.
- The unified court complex, which is going to be built in 10 districts in the state, will have district and subordinate courts, commercial courts, miscellaneous, tribunals, fast track courts and Lok Adalat's etc. Apart from the court building, advocates' chamber, auditorium, there will also be residential colony, parking and food plaza for judges and judicial officers and employees.
Bihar Switch to Hindi
Textile Park will be Developed in Gaya
Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, Bihar's Gaya district DM Dr. Thiyagarajan told that a textile park will be developed on the lines of Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu near Shadipur Balu Ghat in Manpur in Gaya. About 23 acres of land marked for this park has been ordered to be made encroachment free.
- After the construction of this park, the Falgu river will be kept pollution-free and people will get a golden opportunity for employment. At present, the colorful water of cloth dyeing is dropped in the river, about which complaints have been made many times.
- DM Dr. Thiyagarajan said that a state-of-the-art 435 units are being planned for the construction of this park, in which new types of state-of-the-art clothes including coats, pants will be manufactured. With the construction of textile parks, more number of jobs will be created at the local level as well as at the district level, due to which this area will be greatly developed in the future.
- He told the Chairman of The Weavers Service Committee that every effort will be made to support the distribution of loans for the textile industry and purchase of state-of-the-art machines by holding meetings with various banks.
- Prem Narayan Patwa, President of Textile Industry Weavers Service Committee, said that at present 980 units in their homes in Patwatoli, which are working on textile weaving with about 12500 power loom machines, employ about 30 to 35 thousand workers and workers. Apart from this, about 50 percent of it is women workers.
Bihar Switch to Hindi
Construction of Ropeway Started in Vanavar of Bihar's Jehanabad
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on December 7, 2022, the construction of ropeway has started after a long time on the Vanavar mountain of Makhdumpur block, popularly known as the historic 'Himalayas of Magadh' in Jehanabad district of Bihar.
- A camp office has been opened by the construction company in Hathiyabor in this hilly area of Jehanabad district and the forest in the hilly area has also been cleaned.
- The work of construction of ropeway has been entrusted by Bihar State Bridge Corporation to Bengal-based company Damodar Ropeway Construction Limited. In the hilly area, the construction company workers are breaking the stones at the identified places of the mountain and doing the work of peeling the stone with the help of drill machines.
- It is known that the approval for the construction of ropeway on Vanavar mountain was given by former MLA of Makhdumpur and former Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi in the cabinet meeting on November 16, 2016.
- However, a few months ago, the Forest Department has also given its approval and NOC for the construction of the ropeway, after which the work was started by Damodar Ropeway Company.
- The ropeway will be constructed from two areas in Vanavar mountain. In the first phase, work will be done from Hathiyabor and in the second phase from Patal Ganga.
Rajasthan Switch to Hindi
56 Bhog Utsav- 2022
Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, Rajasthan Industries Commissioner Mahendra Parakh released the poster of '56 Bhog Utsav-2022' to be organized under Rajasthan Haat in front of Jal Mahal located in Jaipur from December 9 to 12 .
- Dr. Mahendra Parakh said that in the '56 Bhog Utsav-2022', delicious dishes of Rajasthan, famous spices, sweets, salty, special foods and traditional, natural and modern equipment related to the kitchen will be available at one place.
- He said that attractive dishes such as Gajak of Dholpur, Bharatpur and Sikar, Gulab Halwa of Pali, Kheer Mohan of Gangapur, Dovtha of Dausa, Mawa of Alwar, Tilpatti of Beawar, Namkeen of Bikaner, Kachori of Kota, Ghevar of Jaipur, Kulfi, Tandoori Tea and Paan etc. will be available in the festival.
- The Industries Commissioner said that the people of Jaipur will get a golden opportunity to buy special vegetables of the state like Bikaner's - Kair, Sangri, Kachari, other dry traditional Vegetables, Nagauri Methi, Kota's Mushroom products and edible oil in this Haat.
- The Industries Commissioner said that in this Haat, the people of Jaipur will get a golden opportunity to buy state-specific vegetables such as Kair-Sangri of Bikaner, Kachari, other dry traditional Vegetables, Nagauri Methi, Mushroom products of Kota and edible oil.
- Kabira Brand Edible Oil, Shyam Kitchen Spices and Rajasthan Food Trade Association have participated in the fair. During the event, food competition, painting competition, talk show, quiz competition and various cultural programs will also be organized.
Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Panchkarma Super Specialty and Wellness Center in Bhopal
Why In News?
On December 6, 2022, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the Panchkarma Super Specialty and Wellness Center and Silver Jubilee Auditorium building of Pandit Khushilal Sharma Government Ayurveda Institute of Bhopal under the National AYUSH Mission Scheme.
- Panchkarma therapists from Kerala will do Panchkarma at the 50-bed Panchkarma and Wellness Center built in the premises of Pandit Khushilal Sharma Ayurveda College. For this the college management has appointed therapists from Kerala.
- Panchkarma super specialty and wellness center developed under Directorate of AYUSH, specialized Panchkarma therapy, rheumatic and spine disease therapy, lifestyle related disease prevention, advance neuro rehabilitation, old age disease therapy, pregnant and pregnant women, paediatrics, rejuvenation, skin and medical facilities like beauty consultation, stress management, nature examination, pulse examination will be available.
- The center has In Patient Department, Super Deluxe Room, Deluxe Room and Semiprivate facility available. Along with this, there is also arrangement for treatments like Jacuzzi gold bath, steam chamber, yoga, meditation and Ayurveda diet, Kerala Panchkarma, Abhyangam, Shirodhara.
- Minister of State for AYUSH Ramkishor Nano Kawre said that as a result of the 'Vaidya Aapke Dwar' scheme implemented under the leadership of the Chief Minister, innovations in the form of Dhanwantari training, Devaranya Yojana and Yoga se Nirog program, the state has got recognition at the national level in the field of AYUSH.
- The Minister of State for AYUSH informed that a State Task Force has been constituted for the all-round development of Ayurveda in the state. Renowned educationists and research experts of the country have been included in the task force. The suggestion of the Task Force will help in developing infrastructure, working methods for new research in the field of Ayurveda. Research centers are also being established in seven colleges of the state.
Haryana Switch to Hindi
GST Tribunal to be Set up in State
Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said in a one-day tax dialogue program organized in Gurugram by the Excise and Taxation Department in collaboration with Haryana Tax Bar Associations that a GST Tribunal will be formed in the state for the convenience of tax payers and advocates, which is expected to start by March next. For this, recommendations have been made to the GST Council.
- The Chief Minister also announced the opening of two Joint ETC Range Appeal Offices in Hisar and Gurugram to resolve GST related problems.
- The Chief Minister said that GST will be launched face-to-face at the divisional level by providing a common platform to taxpayers, advocates and officials of excise and taxation department to solve GST related problems in the state.
- At the initial level, it will be started in all the six divisions of the state - Ambala, Karnal, Rohtak, Hisar, Gurugram and Faridabad, in which taxpayers, tax advocates and officials will work together once every month to solve tax-related problems.
- Apart from this, the Chief Minister called for promoting voluntary registration for GST and said that three advocates who have done maximum registration in one year will be honored.
- Keeping in view the demand put forth by the tax advocates, the Chief Minister also announced to open a library of books related to tax related subjects in every district of the state.
- He said that this library will be opened in the DITC office premises. Along with this, a waiting hall with canteen facility will also be built for the tax bar association to sit, where tax advocates coming to the office for tax related hearings will be able to sit with their taxpayers and discuss and wait for their turn.
- Comparing Haryana with other states in tax collection, the Chief Minister said that the population of Haryana is only 2 percent of the country's population, while in terms of area, Haryana's area in the country is 1.6 percent, but Haryana's share in the country's tax collection is 6 percent.
Haryana Switch to Hindi
Guidelines Issued for Enhancement in Contract Agreements
Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal informed that the state government has issued fresh guidelines for transparent and uniform enhancement of contract agreements for projects. The decision has been taken after several cases of irregularities in enhancement enhancements came to the notice of the government recently.
- The Chief Secretary said that as per the decision, the competent authority will take a decision in the matter of structural design and modification of scope of work. If the cost of the allotted work is less than Rs 1 crore, the existing arrangement can continue.
- If the cost of the allotted work is more than Rs 1 crore, in this situation up to 10 percent, the administrative secretary of the department, 10 percent to 20 percent, the committee headed by the chief secretary, which includes the administrative secretary of the department as a member, will take a decision.
- Further, in case of more than 20 per cent, the Cabinet Sub-Committee headed by the Chief Minister, in which the minister in charge of the department will join as a member, will take a decision.
- He said that the present system regarding increase in the cost of the project will continue due to the tender rates, price adjustment given in the contract agreement and change in the supply rates of the Directorate of Supply and Disposal for departmental supplies.
- He also informed all administrative secretaries, commissioners of Ambala, Hisar, Rohtak, Gurugram, Karnal and Faridabad divisions, heads of departments, chief administrators of boards, corporations, organization's, managing directors, Panchayati Raj Institutions, etc. Instructions have been issued to urban local bodies and district deputy commissioners. Strict compliance of this directive will be ensured with immediate effect from the date of issue.
Jharkhand Switch to Hindi
Chief Minister honored 400 livelihood Didis of Jharkhand
Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, Chief Minister Hemant Soren felicitated 400 livelihood Didis of Jharkhand at the 'Graduation Ceremony of Jharkhand's Didis' organized by The Naz Institute.
- The awardees include Sakhi mandals of Jharkhand from Lohardaga, Latehar and Gumla districts and those who have become self-reliant and capable with the livelihood of self-help groups.
- The Chief Minister said that the way these women have not only become self-reliant by joining various livelihoods in the face of adversity and challenges, but are also providing for their families in the best way, they are a source of energy for other women.
- The Chief Minister said that the state government has worked to reach the schemes to every household through the 'Sarkar Aapke Dwar' program. During this period, not only the problems of the villagers have been solved, but work has also been done to give them their rights and rights with full respect.
Jharkhand Switch to Hindi
Jharkhand Student got the Biggest Package in the History of IIIT
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on December 7, 2022, Charmy Ashish Mehta, a student of Computer Science and Engineering of IIIT (Indian Institute of Information Technology) Ranchi, has received the biggest package (Rs 83.38 lakh) in the history of IIIT.
- Charmy Ashish Mehta has received this package as a software engineer in Australia's Atlassian company. This is the largest package ever since the establishment of IIIT. Earlier, many students had received a package of Rs 50 lakh.
- Apart from this, Charmy Ashish Mehta has also received offers from two other companies. These include a package of Rs 14.5 lakh from Infods Company and Rs 25 lakh from the productive company.
- Director of IIIT Ranchi Prof. Vishnupriye said that after the Corona epidemic, students of the year 2019-2023 batch have managed to get many placement offers from multinational companies across India. In the current academic session, more than 83 per cent of the students have been placed.
- Director Prof. Established in 2016, the institute is running on PPP mode in collaboration with the Centre and the state government.
- Tushar Jain, a final year computer science and engineering student of the institute, won the UNESCO India-Africa Hackathon held from November 22 to 25, 2022 at Gautam Buddh University in Uttar Pradesh. Tusshar and his team were given Rs 3 lakh by Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar.
- Tushar developed an app for self-care and regular check-ups for early detection of complications of diabetes mellitus in a 36-hour programme under the sub-theme of Health and Hygiene. Tushar won the title after 36 hours of intense coding.
Chhattisgarh Switch to Hindi
Shishupal Mountain of Saraipali will be Developed as Tourist Destination
Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced to develop the famous Shishupal mountain as a tourist destination during a meeting program at Saraipali in Mahasamund district.
- With the announcement of the Chief Minister, the way has now been opened for trekking on this mountain, establishing many basic facilities for tourists. Developing this mountain, which has been the identity of the area since the British era, will give a new identity to Saraipali.
- Along with this, the Chief Minister announced inter-state bus stand in Saraipali and tap-water scheme in the area.
- The policy of promoting employment at the local level through tourism in Chhattisgarh will create new income opportunities for the youth here. With the arrival of tourists not only from the state but also from other states, the local people will get an opportunity to make people aware of their culture and customs.
- It is believed that there was once a palace of King Shishupal on the shishupal mountain. When the king was surrounded by the British, the king had blindfolded his horse and jumped from the mountain. For this reason, this mountain is called Shishupal Mountain and the waterfall here is called Ghodadhar Waterfall.
- About 157 km from the capital Raipur. and 30 km from Saraipali. Shishupal Mountain is located at a distance of 10 km. The height of Shishupal Mountain is about 900 feet above sea level. There is a large ground on reaching the top of Shishupal Mountain, from where the water falls about 1100 feet in the form of Ghodadhar Waterfall during the rainy days.
- Apart from this, the Chief Minister inaugurated the newly constructed Baloda police station at a cost of Rs 1.97 crore. The Baloda police outpost was earlier under Saraipali police station. The upgradation of this outpost as a police station will provide better security to 60 nearby villages.
Uttarakhand Switch to Hindi
NAAC Regional Office will Soon Open in Uttarakhand
Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, the Director of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, Prof. Sharma announced the opening of his regional office in Uttarakhand soon.
- The Chief Minister also released a book on Quality Fact Seat and Higher Education of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that many new works are being done in the field of higher education. Through the new education policy, the youth will be able to become job creators themselves.
- The Chief Minister said that given the difficult geographical conditions of the state, the regional office of NAAC would prove to be a great gift to the state as well as other adjoining states.
- State Higher Education Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat said that every higher educational institution will be graded by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council on the basis of availability of resources, deployment of faculty, library, laboratories and other activities. Keeping all these things in mind, five workshops of NAAC training will be organized in different districts of the state in the near future.
- On this occasion, the State Higher Education Department also signed MoUs with three reputed institutions of the country. The institutes with which the MoUs was signed include Indian Entrepreneurship Institute Ahmedabad, EduNet and Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- The Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship will support entrepreneurship, employability skills and quality education in the educational institutions of the state, while free technical training will be provided to the students and faculty studying in higher educational institutions through EduNet. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham will collaborate in research and other activities in science through its Material Science Center and Virtual Lab.
Switch to Hindi