Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, the Director of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, Prof. Sharma announced the opening of his regional office in Uttarakhand soon.
- The Chief Minister also released a book on Quality Fact Seat and Higher Education of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that many new works are being done in the field of higher education. Through the new education policy, the youth will be able to become job creators themselves.
- The Chief Minister said that given the difficult geographical conditions of the state, the regional office of NAAC would prove to be a great gift to the state as well as other adjoining states.
- State Higher Education Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat said that every higher educational institution will be graded by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council on the basis of availability of resources, deployment of faculty, library, laboratories and other activities. Keeping all these things in mind, five workshops of NAAC training will be organized in different districts of the state in the near future.
- On this occasion, the State Higher Education Department also signed MoUs with three reputed institutions of the country. The institutes with which the MoUs was signed include Indian Entrepreneurship Institute Ahmedabad, EduNet and Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- The Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship will support entrepreneurship, employability skills and quality education in the educational institutions of the state, while free technical training will be provided to the students and faculty studying in higher educational institutions through EduNet. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham will collaborate in research and other activities in science through its Material Science Center and Virtual Lab.
Switch to Hindi