Guidelines Issued for Enhancement in Contract Agreements
- 08 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal informed that the state government has issued fresh guidelines for transparent and uniform enhancement of contract agreements for projects. The decision has been taken after several cases of irregularities in enhancement enhancements came to the notice of the government recently.
- The Chief Secretary said that as per the decision, the competent authority will take a decision in the matter of structural design and modification of scope of work. If the cost of the allotted work is less than Rs 1 crore, the existing arrangement can continue.
- If the cost of the allotted work is more than Rs 1 crore, in this situation up to 10 percent, the administrative secretary of the department, 10 percent to 20 percent, the committee headed by the chief secretary, which includes the administrative secretary of the department as a member, will take a decision.
- Further, in case of more than 20 per cent, the Cabinet Sub-Committee headed by the Chief Minister, in which the minister in charge of the department will join as a member, will take a decision.
- He said that the present system regarding increase in the cost of the project will continue due to the tender rates, price adjustment given in the contract agreement and change in the supply rates of the Directorate of Supply and Disposal for departmental supplies.
- He also informed all administrative secretaries, commissioners of Ambala, Hisar, Rohtak, Gurugram, Karnal and Faridabad divisions, heads of departments, chief administrators of boards, corporations, organization's, managing directors, Panchayati Raj Institutions, etc. Instructions have been issued to urban local bodies and district deputy commissioners. Strict compliance of this directive will be ensured with immediate effect from the date of issue.