Construction of Ropeway Started in Vanavar of Bihar's Jehanabad
- 08 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on December 7, 2022, the construction of ropeway has started after a long time on the Vanavar mountain of Makhdumpur block, popularly known as the historic 'Himalayas of Magadh' in Jehanabad district of Bihar.
- A camp office has been opened by the construction company in Hathiyabor in this hilly area of Jehanabad district and the forest in the hilly area has also been cleaned.
- The work of construction of ropeway has been entrusted by Bihar State Bridge Corporation to Bengal-based company Damodar Ropeway Construction Limited. In the hilly area, the construction company workers are breaking the stones at the identified places of the mountain and doing the work of peeling the stone with the help of drill machines.
- It is known that the approval for the construction of ropeway on Vanavar mountain was given by former MLA of Makhdumpur and former Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi in the cabinet meeting on November 16, 2016.
- However, a few months ago, the Forest Department has also given its approval and NOC for the construction of the ropeway, after which the work was started by Damodar Ropeway Company.
- The ropeway will be constructed from two areas in Vanavar mountain. In the first phase, work will be done from Hathiyabor and in the second phase from Patal Ganga.