Shishupal Mountain of Saraipali will be Developed as Tourist Destination
- 08 Dec 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced to develop the famous Shishupal mountain as a tourist destination during a meeting program at Saraipali in Mahasamund district.
- With the announcement of the Chief Minister, the way has now been opened for trekking on this mountain, establishing many basic facilities for tourists. Developing this mountain, which has been the identity of the area since the British era, will give a new identity to Saraipali.
- Along with this, the Chief Minister announced inter-state bus stand in Saraipali and tap-water scheme in the area.
- The policy of promoting employment at the local level through tourism in Chhattisgarh will create new income opportunities for the youth here. With the arrival of tourists not only from the state but also from other states, the local people will get an opportunity to make people aware of their culture and customs.
- It is believed that there was once a palace of King Shishupal on the shishupal mountain. When the king was surrounded by the British, the king had blindfolded his horse and jumped from the mountain. For this reason, this mountain is called Shishupal Mountain and the waterfall here is called Ghodadhar Waterfall.
- About 157 km from the capital Raipur. and 30 km from Saraipali. Shishupal Mountain is located at a distance of 10 km. The height of Shishupal Mountain is about 900 feet above sea level. There is a large ground on reaching the top of Shishupal Mountain, from where the water falls about 1100 feet in the form of Ghodadhar Waterfall during the rainy days.
- Apart from this, the Chief Minister inaugurated the newly constructed Baloda police station at a cost of Rs 1.97 crore. The Baloda police outpost was earlier under Saraipali police station. The upgradation of this outpost as a police station will provide better security to 60 nearby villages.