Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, Bihar's Gaya district DM Dr. Thiyagarajan told that a textile park will be developed on the lines of Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu near Shadipur Balu Ghat in Manpur in Gaya. About 23 acres of land marked for this park has been ordered to be made encroachment free.
- After the construction of this park, the Falgu river will be kept pollution-free and people will get a golden opportunity for employment. At present, the colorful water of cloth dyeing is dropped in the river, about which complaints have been made many times.
- DM Dr. Thiyagarajan said that a state-of-the-art 435 units are being planned for the construction of this park, in which new types of state-of-the-art clothes including coats, pants will be manufactured. With the construction of textile parks, more number of jobs will be created at the local level as well as at the district level, due to which this area will be greatly developed in the future.
- He told the Chairman of The Weavers Service Committee that every effort will be made to support the distribution of loans for the textile industry and purchase of state-of-the-art machines by holding meetings with various banks.
- Prem Narayan Patwa, President of Textile Industry Weavers Service Committee, said that at present 980 units in their homes in Patwatoli, which are working on textile weaving with about 12500 power loom machines, employ about 30 to 35 thousand workers and workers. Apart from this, about 50 percent of it is women workers.
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on December 7, 2022, the construction of ropeway has started after a long time on the Vanavar mountain of Makhdumpur block, popularly known as the historic 'Himalayas of Magadh' in Jehanabad district of Bihar.
- A camp office has been opened by the construction company in Hathiyabor in this hilly area of Jehanabad district and the forest in the hilly area has also been cleaned.
- The work of construction of ropeway has been entrusted by Bihar State Bridge Corporation to Bengal-based company Damodar Ropeway Construction Limited. In the hilly area, the construction company workers are breaking the stones at the identified places of the mountain and doing the work of peeling the stone with the help of drill machines.
- It is known that the approval for the construction of ropeway on Vanavar mountain was given by former MLA of Makhdumpur and former Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi in the cabinet meeting on November 16, 2016.
- However, a few months ago, the Forest Department has also given its approval and NOC for the construction of the ropeway, after which the work was started by Damodar Ropeway Company.
- The ropeway will be constructed from two areas in Vanavar mountain. In the first phase, work will be done from Hathiyabor and in the second phase from Patal Ganga.
Switch to Hindi