Bihar Switch to Hindi
Atul Prasad became the Chairman of Bihar Public Service Commission
Why In News?
- On August 4, 2022, the General Administration Department issued a notification intending to make Atul Prasad, who retired from the post of Development Commissioner, as chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC).
- The notification issued by the general administration department said that the notification of new appointment to the post of chairman will be effective from August 5. Atul Prasad's tenure will be six years from the date of his office or up to the age limit of 62 years.
- Atul Prasad has been appointed as the outgoing Chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission, R. K. Mahajan has been replaced by a new Chairman of the Commission. R. K. Mahajan's term has ended on August 4, 2022.
- Atul Prasad has retired from the post of Development Commissioner this year. Thus, the tradition of making retired IAS officers as chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission continued this time as well.
- Outgoing President R. K. Mahajan was additional chief secretary of the education department before becoming chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission. Shishir Sinha was made chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission after he retired from the erstwhile Indian Administrative Service.
Rajasthan Switch to Hindi
Five-day 'Handloom Festival'
Why In News?
- On August 3, 2022, Additional Chief Secretary, Industries Department of Rajasthan, Veenu Gupta launched the 'Handloom Festival’. The festival will continue till August 7.
- On the occasion, Vinu Gupta interacted with weavers of West Bengal, Barmer, Kota and Banaras and also witnessed live performances of Jamdani sarees, Pattu, Kota Doria and Banarasi sarees.
- He felicitated traditional handloom weavers at the event. Hasina Bano from Kathoon in Kota district, Meena Devi, Kaluram and Manohar Lal from Junia in Ajmer district and Moda Ram from Dhanau, Barmer were felicitated for their creativity on the occasion.
- On the occasion of 8th National Handloom Day, 2022, 'Handloom Festival’ being celebrated by Rajasthan State Handloom Development Corporation in association with Design Resource Centre and Weavers Service Centre.
- Under the programme, various activities like Weav-walk, Weav-talk, Handloom Quiz, Panel Discussion for five days with the participation of Creative Design Departments of various educational institutions will be organized at the C-Scheme office premises of Rajasthan State Handloom Development Corporation.
- In this programme, the Corporation is also organizing an exhibition of the best handloom products of the weavers of the State with a special discount of 25% for sale to the public.
- It may be mentioned that the National Handloom Day is observed every year on 7th August with the objective of honouring the handloom weavers and creating awareness about the importance of handloom industry in the social development of the nation and to promote handloom industry. Handloom is environment friendly and a viable way to earn a living.
Rajasthan Switch to Hindi
Mining, Oil and Gas Conclave
Why In News?
- On August 3, 2022, a one-day mining, oil and gas conclave was organized at Hotel Marriott in Jaipur district of Rajasthan.
- The conclave was inaugurated by Rajasthan Mines Minister Pramod Jain Bhaya. He said that in the last three-and-a-half years, the mining sector in the state has been worked out from Zee and a record has been created for achievements ranging from mineral exploration, development of plots of new principal and non-prime minerals to auction to revenue generation.
- In this conclave, the panel discussion in the session 'Hydrocarbon Scenario - Opportunities and Challenges', the hydrocarbon sector in India and Rajasthan and the contribution of Barmer Refinery in Rajasthan to the development of the state and the rapid development in the field of petrochemicals were brainstormed. In this session, the petroleum and natural gas scenario and prospects of the country and the state were discussed.
- In another session, trends and ideas in mines and mineral sector discussed the mineral wealth of India and Rajasthan and contribution to social and economic development. At the same time, the best outcome was churned out by sustainable mining in this field from technology and innovations.
- The Seamless Gas Distribution and Pipeline Network session of the Conclave deliberated upon efforts to develop a City Gas Distribution Network (CGD) as well as the process of laying underground gas pipelines, setting up of pressure regulating stations and CNG stations.
- The mines minister said that the new mineral policy of the state would be more forward-looking, promoting the mining sector faster and connecting all sections of the society with mining. In the new mineral policy, there will be reservation in the mining allocation process for SC, ST, women, specially abled, unemployed technocrat youth etc.
- Provisions are being made to connect the citizens with the mining sector in the State. For the first time, Rajasthan has been awarded the second prize and an incentive of Rs.3.80 crore for its outstanding work in the prime and non-prime mineral sector.
- Formation of RSMET to speed up mineral exploration work, implementation of M sand policy as an alternative to gravel, use of 25% M sand in government construction work, silicosis policy etc., works are being accelerated.
- Referring to the oil and gas sector in Rajasthan, he said that 11 abundant oil and gas leases are approved in 14 districts divided into four basins. One lakh 9 thousand barrels of mineral oil is being produced in the state.
- ACS Mines Dr. Subodh Agrawal said that Rajasthan has become a unique state in terms of mineral reserves. There are rich deposits of Lead, Zinc, Bolestine, Copper, Uranium, Potash, Limestone, Iron Ore, Manganese, Garnet, Gypsum, Marble, Sandstone etc. Rajasthan has come on the world stage with the discovery of uranium, abundant potash reserves have been found, iron ore's Bagawas block in Jaipur district has been auctioned at a premium of 452 percent in the country.
- Dr. Aggarwal told that due to oil and gas, revision has come in West Rajasthan. The per capita income of Barmer has become the highest in the state. The vastness of Rajasthan Refinery can be gauged from the fact that 5 times more concrete than Burj Khalifa and 40 times more steel than Eiffel Tower will be used. A roadmap has been prepared to provide domestic gas connections through 96 lakh pipelines in the next 8 years.
Haryana Switch to Hindi
Haryana and Uzbekistan sign FFC
Why In News?
- On August 4, 2022, Haryana and Uzbekistan signed the Framework for Cooperation (FFC) at Haryana Bhawan, New Delhi with the objective of strengthening mutual cooperation and bilateral relations.
- The FFC was signed on behalf of the Government of Haryana by Yogendra Choudhary, Principal Secretary, Department of Foreign Cooperation, and Ikbolzon Ergashev, Lieutenant Governor of the Fergana Region of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- This FFC will help in forging cooperation between Fergana and Haryana through collective efforts in the fields of automobile, pharmaceuticals, trade, science, education, tourism, culture, conservation of historical monuments and research, skill development and vocational education.
- Speaking on the occasion, Yogendra Choudhary said that Framework for Collaboration is an important step in realizing and implementing the vision of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar to make Haryana a leading and leading state in sectors like automobile, education, skill development, trade and investment. Is. Apart from this, it will also help in facilitating exchange programs between the two regions for economic and socio-economic development.
- Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has set up the Department of Foreign Cooperation with a view to make Haryana's identity globally and to establish Haryana as a preferred destination for investors. The Department of Foreign Cooperation through its 'Go-Global Approach' is continuously working for socio-economic development by establishing mutual understanding and cooperation with foreign countries at various levels.
Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Omkareshwar Floating Solar Project
Why In News?
- Signing of contract for 600 MW Omkareshwar Floating Solar Project and Energy Assessment Guide of Urja Saksharta Abhiyan released on August 4, 2022, at Kushabhau Thackeray Hall, Bhopal.
- Contracts were signed and exchanged with NHDC Limited, AMP Energy and SJVN Limited in the presence of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on the occasion that by 2027, the renewable energy potential of Madhya Pradesh would be 20,000 MW. The state government is on the path of making Madhya Pradesh a 'Lungs of India' with a 'Heart of India'.
- The Chief Minister said that at present there are 10 floating solar plants in the world. The Omkareshwar project will be the world's largest floating solar project to be built on water. In its first phase, a capacity of 278 MW will be installed. No land is required for the implementation of this project. As a result, no one will be displaced.
- It is scientifically proven that power generation in a water based project is higher than that of a land based solar project. Due to the installation of solar panels on the surface of the water, the water will not evaporate as steam. With this, 60 to 70 percent of water will be saved.
- Chief Minister Chouhan said that 12 lakh metric tonnes of carbon-dioxide emissions will be prevented from the project. This is equivalent to planting one crore 52 lakh trees.
- He said that the state is working in a mission mode to meet its energy needs with renewable energy by the year 2030. The State Government has started the implementation of the New Renewable Energy Policy-2022.
- The concept of green city development in the state is also being embodied. Work on solar projects is in progress in Chhatarpur, Morena, Agar, Shajapur and Neemuch districts.
- The use of solar panels is being encouraged up to the village level. Solar panels are being installed on the roofs of all government offices. By improving the land of Chambal ravines, the area will be used for solar power generation.
- The Chief Minister said that problems like global warming and climate change can be tackled only through public participation. Energy Assessment Guide of Energy Saksharta Abhiyan has also been released for the same purpose. In the campaign, school, college students and general public will have to be motivated and trained for sensitive and responsible behavior to save electricity.
- Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Chairman Girraj Dandotia said that Omkareshwar project is a safe source of energy amidst the challenge of climate change. This will also save land, which can be used for setting up agriculture and other industries in the state.
Chhattisgarh Switch to Hindi
Chief Minister Releases Book 'Bastar Tiger'
Why In News?
- On August 4, 2022, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel released the book 'Bastar Tiger' based on the life of martyr late Mahendra Karma on the eve of his birth anniversary at his residence office.
- Written by authors Kunal Shukla and Preeti Upadhyay, this book shares the untold aspects of the life of martyr Mahendra Karma, popularly known as Bastar Tiger.
- Through this book, martyr Mahendra Karma's thinking towards the development of tribals and his deep faith in democratic values has been placed before the readers.
- Martyr Mahendra Karma was inspired by the ideas of Gandhi-Nehru. He tried for peace in Bastar throughout his life. In the book, the thoughts about the Salwa Judum of Shaheed Mahendra Karma have been presented to the readers for the first time.
- Significantly, Mahendra Karma was the leader of Chhattisgarh Congress. He was the Leader of the Opposition in the Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly from 2004 to 2008. In 2005, he played an important role in organizing the Salwa Judum movement against Naxalites in Chhattisgarh. He was the Minister of Industries and Commerce in the Ajit Jogi government cabinet since the formation of the state.
- On May 5, 2013, 28 Congress leaders including Mahendra Karma, then Congress President Nand Kumar Patel, MLA Uday Mudaliar were attacked and killed by Naxalites in Darbha Valley while returning from the Parivartan rally organized by the Congress in Sukma. Former Union Minister Vidyacharan Shukla, who was seriously injured in the attack, died during treatment.
Jharkhand Switch to Hindi
Jharkhand Tribal Festival-2022
Why In News?
- On August 4, 2022, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren unveiled the insignia of the upcoming 'Jharkhand Tribal Festival-2022' to be held at Morhabadi Ground in Ranchi on August 9 and 10, 2022.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Hemant Soren said that for the first time after the formation of the state, 'Jharkhand Tribal Festival' is being organized at the historic Morhabadi Maidan in Ranchi.
- Artists from North-East will participate in this function. Seminars, art and music, costumes, fashion shows, food and cultural programs will be organized in this function on tribal history, literature, anthropology and other subjects.
- Artists from other tribal dominated states including Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Mizoram have been invited by the Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Welfare Department to participate in the program.
- The opening ceremony of the program will take place on August 9, 2022. Rajya Sabha MP Shibu Soren will be the chief guest of the inaugural program, while Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel will be the chief guest of the closing ceremony on August 10. Chief Minister Hemant Soren will preside over the festival.
- During this cultural program, food-cuisine, art and craft exhibition will be organized at Morhabadi Maidan. Seminar and panel discussion at Tribal Research Institute will be held at Morhabadi Hockey Ground.
Chhattisgarh Switch to Hindi
Traditional game 'Madai' Organized on World Tribal Day in Raipur
Why In News?
- According to the information given by the Public Relations Department of Chhattisgarh on August 4, 2022, on the occasion of World Tribal Day, on August 7 and 8, the traditional game of specially protected tribes 'Madai' will be organized at Swami Vivekananda Stadium Kota in the capital Raipur.
- Sports games traditionally played by various tribal communities in Madai, such as archery, slingshot, matka race, gilli-danda, gedi-run, bumblebee, fugadi (girls' category), billa (girls' category), kabaddi, rope pulling, Competitions like Saktal (Pithul), Heavy Race, Bora-Run, Sui-Dhaaga Run (Girls Category), Mudi Lukavan (Goti Lukavan), Three Tangdi Race and Sailing (For Adults) etc. will be organized.
- The competition, organized by the Department of Development of Primitive Castes and Scheduled Castes, will have two categories for boys and girls, the age group of 14 to 18 years and the traditionally played sports competitions for women and men of 18 years and above under the open competition.
- At the district level, entry will be invited from sports wise specially protected tribal communities from all the development blocks falling under the agency area.
- It is noteworthy that sports competitions were organized in the districts from 22 to 28 July. After selection from district level, around 700 participants from 17 districts will participate in this state level event.
Switch to Hindi