Why In News?
- On August 4, 2022, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren unveiled the insignia of the upcoming 'Jharkhand Tribal Festival-2022' to be held at Morhabadi Ground in Ranchi on August 9 and 10, 2022.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Hemant Soren said that for the first time after the formation of the state, 'Jharkhand Tribal Festival' is being organized at the historic Morhabadi Maidan in Ranchi.
- Artists from North-East will participate in this function. Seminars, art and music, costumes, fashion shows, food and cultural programs will be organized in this function on tribal history, literature, anthropology and other subjects.
- Artists from other tribal dominated states including Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Mizoram have been invited by the Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Welfare Department to participate in the program.
- The opening ceremony of the program will take place on August 9, 2022. Rajya Sabha MP Shibu Soren will be the chief guest of the inaugural program, while Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel will be the chief guest of the closing ceremony on August 10. Chief Minister Hemant Soren will preside over the festival.
- During this cultural program, food-cuisine, art and craft exhibition will be organized at Morhabadi Maidan. Seminar and panel discussion at Tribal Research Institute will be held at Morhabadi Hockey Ground.
Switch to Hindi