Jharkhand Switch to Hindi
World Breastfeeding Week-2022
Why In News?
- On August 1, 2022, Jharkhand's Minister of Women, Child Development and Social Security Department Joba Manjhi launched the state-level programme at the launch of 'World Breastfeeding Week' at Palash Auditorium, Doranda. The event will run from August 1 to 7.
- On this occasion, the minister got 7 children done Annaprashan and flagged off the awareness chariot related to the program.
- The theme of World Breastfeeding Week-2022 is 'Promotion of Breastfeeding and Education and Cooperation'.
- Minister Joba Manjhi said that through this programme, the message will be spread among pregnant and lactating mothers that the women who give birth to the child should be fed the mother's milk within one hour of the birth of the child. This milk is very useful for the all-round development of the baby.
- He said that the society has to be made aware that the mother should not give any food to her child in the first 6 months other than her milk, in which the necessary nutrients for the baby are available. After 6 months it is necessary to give the upper diet with the right amount and the right nutrients. At the same time, nutritious food should be given along with breastfeeding for 2 years, so that the children can stay healthy.
- Joba Manjhi said that it is very important to make people aware so that an anemia-free, malnutrition-free society can be built. It is only by becoming aware that the mortality rate of children will be reduced and only healthy children will create a healthy society.
- He said that the work has to be done to give the right direction to the adolescent girls also. It is necessary to educate the girls to keep them healthy, to make them free from anemia and to get married at the right time and to conceive in a mature body.
Switch to Hindi