Rajasthan Switch to Hindi
Five-day 'Handloom Festival'
Why In News?
- On August 3, 2022, Additional Chief Secretary, Industries Department of Rajasthan, Veenu Gupta launched the 'Handloom Festival’. The festival will continue till August 7.
- On the occasion, Vinu Gupta interacted with weavers of West Bengal, Barmer, Kota and Banaras and also witnessed live performances of Jamdani sarees, Pattu, Kota Doria and Banarasi sarees.
- He felicitated traditional handloom weavers at the event. Hasina Bano from Kathoon in Kota district, Meena Devi, Kaluram and Manohar Lal from Junia in Ajmer district and Moda Ram from Dhanau, Barmer were felicitated for their creativity on the occasion.
- On the occasion of 8th National Handloom Day, 2022, 'Handloom Festival’ being celebrated by Rajasthan State Handloom Development Corporation in association with Design Resource Centre and Weavers Service Centre.
- Under the programme, various activities like Weav-walk, Weav-talk, Handloom Quiz, Panel Discussion for five days with the participation of Creative Design Departments of various educational institutions will be organized at the C-Scheme office premises of Rajasthan State Handloom Development Corporation.
- In this programme, the Corporation is also organizing an exhibition of the best handloom products of the weavers of the State with a special discount of 25% for sale to the public.
- It may be mentioned that the National Handloom Day is observed every year on 7th August with the objective of honouring the handloom weavers and creating awareness about the importance of handloom industry in the social development of the nation and to promote handloom industry. Handloom is environment friendly and a viable way to earn a living.
Rajasthan Switch to Hindi
Mining, Oil and Gas Conclave
Why In News?
- On August 3, 2022, a one-day mining, oil and gas conclave was organized at Hotel Marriott in Jaipur district of Rajasthan.
- The conclave was inaugurated by Rajasthan Mines Minister Pramod Jain Bhaya. He said that in the last three-and-a-half years, the mining sector in the state has been worked out from Zee and a record has been created for achievements ranging from mineral exploration, development of plots of new principal and non-prime minerals to auction to revenue generation.
- In this conclave, the panel discussion in the session 'Hydrocarbon Scenario - Opportunities and Challenges', the hydrocarbon sector in India and Rajasthan and the contribution of Barmer Refinery in Rajasthan to the development of the state and the rapid development in the field of petrochemicals were brainstormed. In this session, the petroleum and natural gas scenario and prospects of the country and the state were discussed.
- In another session, trends and ideas in mines and mineral sector discussed the mineral wealth of India and Rajasthan and contribution to social and economic development. At the same time, the best outcome was churned out by sustainable mining in this field from technology and innovations.
- The Seamless Gas Distribution and Pipeline Network session of the Conclave deliberated upon efforts to develop a City Gas Distribution Network (CGD) as well as the process of laying underground gas pipelines, setting up of pressure regulating stations and CNG stations.
- The mines minister said that the new mineral policy of the state would be more forward-looking, promoting the mining sector faster and connecting all sections of the society with mining. In the new mineral policy, there will be reservation in the mining allocation process for SC, ST, women, specially abled, unemployed technocrat youth etc.
- Provisions are being made to connect the citizens with the mining sector in the State. For the first time, Rajasthan has been awarded the second prize and an incentive of Rs.3.80 crore for its outstanding work in the prime and non-prime mineral sector.
- Formation of RSMET to speed up mineral exploration work, implementation of M sand policy as an alternative to gravel, use of 25% M sand in government construction work, silicosis policy etc., works are being accelerated.
- Referring to the oil and gas sector in Rajasthan, he said that 11 abundant oil and gas leases are approved in 14 districts divided into four basins. One lakh 9 thousand barrels of mineral oil is being produced in the state.
- ACS Mines Dr. Subodh Agrawal said that Rajasthan has become a unique state in terms of mineral reserves. There are rich deposits of Lead, Zinc, Bolestine, Copper, Uranium, Potash, Limestone, Iron Ore, Manganese, Garnet, Gypsum, Marble, Sandstone etc. Rajasthan has come on the world stage with the discovery of uranium, abundant potash reserves have been found, iron ore's Bagawas block in Jaipur district has been auctioned at a premium of 452 percent in the country.
- Dr. Aggarwal told that due to oil and gas, revision has come in West Rajasthan. The per capita income of Barmer has become the highest in the state. The vastness of Rajasthan Refinery can be gauged from the fact that 5 times more concrete than Burj Khalifa and 40 times more steel than Eiffel Tower will be used. A roadmap has been prepared to provide domestic gas connections through 96 lakh pipelines in the next 8 years.
Switch to Hindi