Why In News?
On August 2, 2022, Chief Secretary Usha Sharma convened an emergency meeting in view of the 'lumpy' virus situation. The 'lumpy' virus has infected 11 districts of Rajasthan. More than 3,000 cows have died from the disease.
- Chief Secretary Usha Sharma told the collectors of all the affected districts and the medical officers of the Animal Husbandry Department from the secretariat that branded medicines can also be purchased along with generics to deal with the disease.
- It has been agreed to provide a fund of Rs. 5 lakh each for the affected districts. As per the requirement, 2 to 12 lakh rupees will be released in different districts.
- Additional Director (Health) Dr. N. M. Singh said that the team from the Centre had visited Jodhpur, Nagaur. Now the team will also go to Ganganagar, Hanumangarh, Bikaner, Jalore, Barmer, Jaisalmer, Pali, Sirohi, Rajsamand.
- An alert has also been sounded in districts adjoining Dungarpur, Banswara, Udaipur, Rajsamand and Gujarat border. The Government of India has issued an advisory advising goats to administer the 'Got Pox' vaccine to the bovines, which protects them from 'mata'.
Why In News?
On July 31, 2022, Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla and Rajasthan's Autonomous Government and Urban Development Minister Shanti Dhariwal laid the foundation stone of the synthetic athletics track at Srinathpuram Stadium.
- The 400-metre synthetic athletics track to be constructed at Srinathpuram Stadium will be of 8-laning. It will cost around Rs. 7 crore to build this synthetic track being built with the full PUR system. A time limit of 12 months has been fixed for its construction.
- With the creation of a synthetic track of 400 meters under Khelo India, the young players of Kota will get an opportunity to prepare according to international standards without any disruption in every season.
- Autonomous Government Minister Shanti Dhariwal said on the occasion that J.K. A sports complex is being built at the Pavilion Stadium at a cost of Rs 30 crore, in which indoor stadium facilities are being developed for various sports. Many sports grounds including hockey are also being developed in the multipurpose school.
Switch to Hindi