Why In News?
- On August 5, 2022, 26 schools of the state selected at the national level were honored at the national level in the 'Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2021-22' competition of the Government of India in the award ceremony held at Hotel Clark Amer.
- As many as 46,633 government and private schools of the state participated in the 'Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar' competition held for the session 2021-22.
- The competition was held in two categories, with the first category being based on total marks, while the second category was based on 06 sub-categories (water, toilets, hand washing with soap, operation and maintenance, behaviour change and capacity building and prevention from COVID-19).
- The entire process was done through online mode. A total of 406 schools were identified from the district level by evaluating the registered schools by a committee constituted by the district collector.
- A total of 26 best schools were selected by the State level constituted team in collaboration with the district by conducting a final assessment of 406 schools, out of which 20 schools were selected in the entire marks based category and 6 schools were selected from the sub-category.
- The 26 schools selected will be represented on behalf of the State in this competition based on standards of sanitation with selected schools from other States at the national level. An amount of Rs.25,000/- per school was given to the selected schools as a mark of respect.
Why In News?
- On August 5, 2022, Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Gupta informed that Rajasthan is at the second position in the entire country by linking more than 12 lakh voter ID cards with aadhaar number in the ongoing campaign to link aadhaar number with voter ID card in the state.
- Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Gupta informed that a special campaign is being run from CEO to BLO to link Aadhaar number with voter ID card in the state. In this campaign that started from August 1, so far more than 12 lakh voter ID cards have been linked with Aadhaar number.
- Praveen Gupta informed that in an innovative initiative by the Election Department, under this campaign, all the District Election Officers, ERO, Booth Level Officers (BLOs) of the state have been appointed by government, non-government, private offices, institutions, colleges, In schools, hands-on information is being provided to link voter ID cards with Aadhaar number on its own through voter helpline app.
- It is noteworthy that under this campaign, which started on the instructions of the Election Commission of India from August 1, now every voter can link his Aadhaar number with his voter ID card to establish his identity. For this a new Form 6B can be filled. Aadhaar number linking can be done through National Voter Service Portal (NVSP), Voter Helpline App, Garuda App or even through BLO of the area.
Switch to Hindi