Switch To Hindi
Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar
- 06 Aug 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On August 5, 2022, 26 schools of the state selected at the national level were honored at the national level in the 'Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2021-22' competition of the Government of India in the award ceremony held at Hotel Clark Amer.
- As many as 46,633 government and private schools of the state participated in the 'Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar' competition held for the session 2021-22.
- The competition was held in two categories, with the first category being based on total marks, while the second category was based on 06 sub-categories (water, toilets, hand washing with soap, operation and maintenance, behaviour change and capacity building and prevention from COVID-19).
- The entire process was done through online mode. A total of 406 schools were identified from the district level by evaluating the registered schools by a committee constituted by the district collector.
- A total of 26 best schools were selected by the State level constituted team in collaboration with the district by conducting a final assessment of 406 schools, out of which 20 schools were selected in the entire marks based category and 6 schools were selected from the sub-category.
- The 26 schools selected will be represented on behalf of the State in this competition based on standards of sanitation with selected schools from other States at the national level. An amount of Rs.25,000/- per school was given to the selected schools as a mark of respect.