Five-day 'Handloom Festival'
- 05 Aug 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On August 3, 2022, Additional Chief Secretary, Industries Department of Rajasthan, Veenu Gupta launched the 'Handloom Festival’. The festival will continue till August 7.
- On the occasion, Vinu Gupta interacted with weavers of West Bengal, Barmer, Kota and Banaras and also witnessed live performances of Jamdani sarees, Pattu, Kota Doria and Banarasi sarees.
- He felicitated traditional handloom weavers at the event. Hasina Bano from Kathoon in Kota district, Meena Devi, Kaluram and Manohar Lal from Junia in Ajmer district and Moda Ram from Dhanau, Barmer were felicitated for their creativity on the occasion.
- On the occasion of 8th National Handloom Day, 2022, 'Handloom Festival’ being celebrated by Rajasthan State Handloom Development Corporation in association with Design Resource Centre and Weavers Service Centre.
- Under the programme, various activities like Weav-walk, Weav-talk, Handloom Quiz, Panel Discussion for five days with the participation of Creative Design Departments of various educational institutions will be organized at the C-Scheme office premises of Rajasthan State Handloom Development Corporation.
- In this programme, the Corporation is also organizing an exhibition of the best handloom products of the weavers of the State with a special discount of 25% for sale to the public.
- It may be mentioned that the National Handloom Day is observed every year on 7th August with the objective of honouring the handloom weavers and creating awareness about the importance of handloom industry in the social development of the nation and to promote handloom industry. Handloom is environment friendly and a viable way to earn a living.