Why In News?
- On August 4, 2022, the General Administration Department issued a notification intending to make Atul Prasad, who retired from the post of Development Commissioner, as chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC).
- The notification issued by the general administration department said that the notification of new appointment to the post of chairman will be effective from August 5. Atul Prasad's tenure will be six years from the date of his office or up to the age limit of 62 years.
- Atul Prasad has been appointed as the outgoing Chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission, R. K. Mahajan has been replaced by a new Chairman of the Commission. R. K. Mahajan's term has ended on August 4, 2022.
- Atul Prasad has retired from the post of Development Commissioner this year. Thus, the tradition of making retired IAS officers as chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission continued this time as well.
- Outgoing President R. K. Mahajan was additional chief secretary of the education department before becoming chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission. Shishir Sinha was made chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission after he retired from the erstwhile Indian Administrative Service.
Switch to Hindi