Uttarakhand Switch to Hindi
Kisan Protsahan Yojana
Why In News?
- Recently, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami announced the launch of 'Kisan Protsahan Yojana (KPY)' in Uttarakhand on the lines of 'Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana' of the Government of India.
- The Chief Minister made the announcement during a programme organized by the Department of Cooperation. Though the chief minister did not give the full details of KPY, he said one of the main priorities of the government is to double the income of the farmers.
- It is worth noting that the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, implemented from February 24, 2019, is one of the important schemes of the Government of India. Under this, the government provides financial assistance to small and marginal farmers who have less than 2 hectares (4.9 acres) of land.
- Under this scheme, an amount of Rs.6,000/- per annum ( Rs.2,000/- in three months) is provided to all the farmers as minimum income support.
- At the event, the Chief Minister inaugurated the computerization of 108 Multipurpose Primary Agricultural Credit Committees (M PACS) and launched the Charba unit to prepare Total Mix Ration (TMRs) for cattle.
- Speaking on the occasion, Cooperation Minister Dhan Singh Rawat said that the process of collection and digitization of data of 13 lakh members has been done by the Department of Cooperation. He claimed that Uttarakhand has become the first state to make 108 MPACS online.
- He said the department of cooperation has disbursed over Rs 3700 crore as interest-free loans to 6.41 lakh beneficiaries. The Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) of the co-operative banks have come down and they have now come to profit.
- He said that more than three lakh women have benefited from the ambitious 'Mukhya Mantri Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana (MGKY)'. MGKY will be extended to all hill districts of the state from August 15.
Switch to Hindi