Traditional game 'Madai' Organized on World Tribal Day in Raipur
- 05 Aug 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- According to the information given by the Public Relations Department of Chhattisgarh on August 4, 2022, on the occasion of World Tribal Day, on August 7 and 8, the traditional game of specially protected tribes 'Madai' will be organized at Swami Vivekananda Stadium Kota in the capital Raipur.
- Sports games traditionally played by various tribal communities in Madai, such as archery, slingshot, matka race, gilli-danda, gedi-run, bumblebee, fugadi (girls' category), billa (girls' category), kabaddi, rope pulling, Competitions like Saktal (Pithul), Heavy Race, Bora-Run, Sui-Dhaaga Run (Girls Category), Mudi Lukavan (Goti Lukavan), Three Tangdi Race and Sailing (For Adults) etc. will be organized.
- The competition, organized by the Department of Development of Primitive Castes and Scheduled Castes, will have two categories for boys and girls, the age group of 14 to 18 years and the traditionally played sports competitions for women and men of 18 years and above under the open competition.
- At the district level, entry will be invited from sports wise specially protected tribal communities from all the development blocks falling under the agency area.
- It is noteworthy that sports competitions were organized in the districts from 22 to 28 July. After selection from district level, around 700 participants from 17 districts will participate in this state level event.