- 06 Sep 2019
- 1 min read
Recently, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has launched Kaushalacharya Awards at Kaushalacharya Samadar 2019.
- Kaushalacharya Awards are launched in a bid to recognize the contribution made by skill trainers and to motivate more trainers to join the Skill India Mission.
- According to MSDE, it is estimated that India will need about 2.5 lakh trainers by 2022, across the skilling ecosystem.
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has introduced several schemes like Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Scheme (SANKALP), Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana (PM-YUVA) etc. to impart skills in India’s youth.
- PMKVY is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship(MSDE). Its objective is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
- Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana (PM-YUVA), aims to educate and equip potential and early-stage entrepreneurs and catalyse a cultural shift to support aspiring entrepreneurs.
- SANKALP Scheme to focus on district-level skilling ecosystem through convergence and coordination.