- 30 Jul 2020
- 7 min read
Welcome to the Prelims Refresher Programme 2020 - Article Page. On this page, we will provide you with 3 things:
- A list of topics for revision.
- A brief discussion of the topics if needed.
- Links to various sources for preparing these topics.
India and Its Neighbourhood
This is one the most dynamic topics for prelims, as the majority of questions may be current affairs based. The question may be asked from geographical location, recent agreements or conflict or from historical perspective. So, it is expected from the aspirants to have a decent knowledge regarding this portion. One can find all major current affairs events related to India and its neighbourhood.
- India-China Conflict
- Transgressions Around LAC
- Face-off Between India and China
- Aksai Chin
- Increased Chinese Transgression
- Decoupling India's Manufacturing With China
Previous Year Questions on India-China Relations
Q. ‘Belt and Road Initiative’ is sometimes mentioned in the news in the context of the affairs of: (2016)
(a) African Union
(c) European Union
Q. The term “two-state solution” is sometimes mentioned in the news in the context of the affairs of: (2018)
- India's Afghan Policy and Taliban
- Afghan Turmoil And India
- US- Taliban Deal
- Afghanistan's Power Sharing Deal
- The Big Picture - India's Afghan Policy
Previous Year Questions on India-Afghanistan Relations
Q. Consider the following pairs: (2018)
Which of the pairs given above are correctly matched?
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 1 and 4
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 3 and 4
Indian Ocean Diplomacy
- The Big Picture: Indian Ocean Islands Diplomacy
- SAGAR Vision
- New and emerging concerns in Indian Ocean neighbourhood
- India's Maritime Security Strategy
- India as an Observer at IOC
- 19th IORA Council of Ministers Meeting
Previous Year Questions on Indian Ocean Diplomacy
Q. Southeast Asia has captivated the attention of the global community over space and time as a geostrategically significant region. Which among the following is the most convincing explanation for this global perspective? (2011)
(a) It was the hot theatre during the Second World War
(b) Its location between the Asian powers of China and India
(c) It was the arena of superpower confrontation during the Cold War period
(d) Its location between the Pacific and Indian oceans and its preeminent maritime character
Q. With reference to ‘Indian Ocean Rim Association for Regional Cooperation (IOR-ARC)’, consider the following statements: (2015)
- It was established very recently in response to incidents of piracy and accidents of oil spills.
- It is an alliance meant for maritime security only. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
BBIN (Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and India)
- India-Bangladesh Relationship
- Recent Developments in India-Bangladesh Relations
- Bangladesh General Elections
- Indo-Bhutan Relations
- Golden Jubilee of The Establishment of Formal Diplomatic Relations
- MoU between India and Bhutan
- India's World - PM Modi's Visit to Bhutan
Previous Year Questions on BBIN
Q. Department of Border Management is a Department of which one of the following Union Ministries? (2008)
(a) Ministry of Defence
(b) Ministry of Home Affairs
(c) Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways
(d) Ministry of Environment and Forests
Q. With reference to river Teesta, consider the following statements: (2017)
- The source of river Teesta is the same as that of Brahmaputra but it flows through Sikkim.
- River Rangeet originates in Sikkim and it is a tributary of river Teesta.
- River Teesta flows into Bay of Bengal on the border of India and Bangladesh.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 3 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
India and West Asia
- India - Iran
- India's Interest in Iran-Afghanistan
- The Big Picture: West Asia Crisis & India
- Iran Sanctions: India Lines Up Alternative Sources
India-Saudi Arabia Relations
Previous Year Questions on India and West Asia
Q. What is the importance of developing Chabahar Port by India? (2017)
(a) India’s trade with African countries will enormously increase.
(b) India’s relations with oil-producing Arab countries will be strengthened.
(c) India will not depend on Pakistan for access to Afghanistan and Central Asia.
(d) Pakistan will facilitate and protect the installation of a gas pipeline between Iraq and India.
Q. Which of the following is not a member of ‘Gulf Cooperation Council’? (2016)
(b) Saudi Arabia
Q. Yom Kippur War was fought between which sides/ countries? (2008)
(a) Turkey and Greece
(b) Serbs and Croats
(c) Israel, and Arab countries led by Egypt and Syria
(d) Iran and Iraq
Q. Turkey is located between: (2014)
(a) Black Sea and Caspian Sea
(b) Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea
(c) Gulf of Suez and Mediterranean Sea
(d) Gulf of Aqaba and Dead Sea