Why In News?
- Addressing a conference on 'Uttar Pradesh towards sustainable and equitable development' organized by the World Bank on June 27, 2022 Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that a board will be set up by the state government to promote natural farming in the state.
- He said that the objective of natural farming is to promote toxic-free agriculture by reducing the use of fertilizers, chemicals and pesticides and using inputs produced by low or zero cost farmers.
- In the Budget for the year 2022-23 of Uttar Pradesh, a provision has been made to promote natural farming in seven districts of Bundelkhand region.
- The central government has decided to promote natural farming for five km on the banks of river Ganga.
- In order to create awareness about natural farming, the Uttar Pradesh government had launched a special campaign 'Ganga Yatra' in January 2020.
- In addition, Uttar Pradesh has identified 27 districts on the banks of river Ganga for natural farming.
- It may be recalled that the Indian Natural Farming Practices Programme (BPKP) is being implemented to promote natural farming under the Traditional Agricultural Development Scheme (PKVY) in India.
Why In News?
- On June 27, 2022, Bihar's Industries Minister Syed Shahnawaz Hussain informed that Bihar has bagged the second prize in the 'National MSME Awards, 2022' for its outstanding contribution to the development and promotion of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
- The award will be presented by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a function organised by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in Delhi on June 30.
- The Industries Minister informed that the industrialization of Bihar depends to a large extent on the development of the MSME sector. This is evident from the fact that most of the rs 36,000 crore investments received in the last 1.5 years have come from the MSME sector.
- It may be mentioned that the Chief Minister's Entrepreneur Scheme is being implemented to encourage MSMEs in the State.
- The 'Mukhyamantri Udyami Yojana' (MUY), at the time of its launch in 2018, was limited to SC/ST only, but it covers backward, extremely backward, general and women categories from the financial year 2021-22.
Why In News?
- On June 27, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Secretary Usha Sharma has directed the Children's Investment Fund Foundation (CEEF) to work out a revised proposal to implement the 'Mission Buniyaad' programme based on digital education in all districts of the state.
- At present, 'Mission Buniyaad' is being operated in six districts of the state - Bhilwara, Dholpur, Sikar, Karauli, Sirohi and Udaipur.
- Usha Sharma has directed the representatives of the (CEEF) Foundation to send a proposal in this regard so that the programme can be conducted in all the 33 districts of the state at the earliest.
- Under this Mission, tablets are being provided to girl students from 8th to 12th standard to study.
- According to a research, the use of tablets has improved the learning level of girl students by 20 percent.
Why In News?
- In the recently concluded three-tier panchayat elections in Madhya Pradesh, 21-year-old Lakshika Dagar from Ujjain has won a landslide victory to become the youngest sarpanch (head of a village) of Madhya Pradesh.
- Lakshika Dagar, 21, has achieved this distinction by winning the election from Chintaman Jawasiya gram panchayat of Ujjain district.
- Lakshika won the victory by defeating her rival candidate by 487 votes.
- Lakshika has worked as a radio jockey and news anchor in Ujjain after her Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication.
- It may be recalled that in order to establish democracy at the grassroots level, through the 73rd Constitution Amendment Act, 1992, the Panchayati Raj Institutions were given constitutional status and entrusted with the task of rural development in the country.
- A three tier system of Panchayats has been introduced at village, intermediate (block/taluka/mandal) and district levels except in those States having a population of less than 20 lakh (Article 243B).
- The seats at all levels are to be filled by direct election [Article 243C(2)]
- There shall be an independent Election Commission in each State for superintendence, direction and control of electoral rolls (Article 243K).
Why In News?
- The Haryana Cabinet meeting chaired by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on June 27, 2022, approved the amendment to the Haryana Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 2016.
- Under this amendment, a single male government employee will now also be allowed two years of child care leave.
- These rules will be called the Haryana Civil Services (Leave) First Amendment Rules, 2022 .
- According to this amendment, single male government employees (unmarried, widower or divorced) and women government employees can avail child care leave for a maximum of two years (i.e. 730 days) during their entire service to take care of their two older children up to the age of 18 years.
- Further, there will be no age limit in the case of differently abled children.
Why In News?
- The State Cabinet, chaired by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on June 27, 2022, approved the Haryana State Data Centre Policy, 2022 with the objective of developing Haryana as a hub of data centre industry and establishing Haryana as a global data centre hub .
- The objective of the policy is to attract the world's leading entrepreneurs by providing an industry and business environment and facilitate setting up of 115-120 new data centres in Haryana.
- With the setting up of these data centres, an investment of Rs.7500 crore is expected.
- Any data centre having a consumption of 1 MW and above of bjli set up in Haryana will be eligible to avail benefits under this new policy.
- Under this policy, state GST, stamp duty, electricity duty exemption and other economic benefits such as employment generation subsidy will be provided.
- The Haryana government will include infrastructure related to data centre as a separate entity under the Haryana Building Code, which will provide relaxation in FAR and building design and construction criteria.
- The Haryana government will declare the data centres as a separate infrastructure industry and energy intensive industry.
- The Haryana government will declare the data centres as an essential service under the Haryana Essential Services Maintenance Act, 1974.
- The 'Right of Way' will be provided to the applications for approval for data centres in accordance with the guidelines under the State Communication and Connectivity Infrastructure Policy and in a time-bound manner.
Why In News?
- The state cabinet meeting chaired by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on June 27, 2022 approved a new Haryana State Startup Policy, 2022 prepared by the Department of Information Technology, Electronics and Communications, Haryana.
- Through this policy, the state government aims to promote and nurture the vibrant startup ecosystem in Haryana.
- According to Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Any recognized startup entity, for a period of 10 years from the date of its incorporation/registration and whose annual turnover does not exceed Rs.100 crore, shall be eligible to avail major fiscal and non-fiscal benefits under this new policy in Haryana.
- These benefits include subsidized incubation space, liberal criteria for participation in tenders of Government of Haryana, participation in mentorship programmes and other startup specific programmes.
- A Startup Haryana Cell is being set up in the Department of Information Technology, Electronics and Communications to monitor the implementation of the policy and other institutional activities.
- Under the policy, capital grant of up to Rs.2 crore will be given to government host institutes and up to Rs.1 crore to private host institutes for setting up of incubators .
- The incubator will be given assistance of up to Rs.20 lakh per event for organizing startup competition festival in institutes of national importance.
- The State Government has also added several new incentives to the New Haryana State Startup Policy, 2022 to provide additional benefits to startup stakeholders, some of which are as follows:
- An annual financial assistance of Rs.4 crore will be provided for capital expenditure and Rs.1 crore for recurring expenditure of three years for setting up of IT startup Warehouse at Panchkula, Hisar and other potential locations.
- Earlier, startups at the incubation centre were eligible for a period of only one year to avail the benefits. Now, in the new startup policy, such startups can avail of three years for space, plug and play facilities at subsidized rates.
- The State Government will also organize specific entrepreneurship development programmes in 22 districts of Haryana every six months to create more awareness among aspiring innovators/entrepreneurs and school/college students about their development opportunities and potential in the startup ecosystem under the new policy.
Why In News?
- On June 27, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the Food Product Processing Laboratory and Packaging Centre Building at food processing and packaging lab located in Ranjita Stadium complex of Jashpur district.
- The building has been constructed by DMF Fund at a cost of about 22 lakh 72 thousand rupees.
- This is the first high-level lab in the state, in which raw material of various products is processed and sent to C Mart for sale, which is giving good income to the women of the group.
- State-of-the-art machines like Bond Siller, Electromagnetic Cap Siller, Automatic Granual Feeling Machine, Tea Bag Feeling Machine, Vacuum Packaging, Chyawanprash and Honey Packaging, Sanitizer Feeling Machine, BOD Incubator, Laminar Air Flow, Fum Hood, Moisture Analyzer were used to process the products. will go.
Why In News?
- On June 27, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel dedicated the telescope at Sarna Ethnic Resort to promote tourism in Jashpur district.
- The Chief Minister provided this telescope to the Deshdekha Tourism Women's Self Help Group.
- By whom this telescope will be operated at the tourist spot of Deshdekho, which will provide employment to the local people.
- Along with this, an MoU was signed between startup Jashpur Trippy Hills and Deshdekaha Tourism Committee before the Chief Minister. Jashpur Tourism Circuit was started at the resort site, which will provide information about each tourist destination.
- During this, the Chief Minister launched the 'Johar Jashpur Website' designed to provide information about the tourist spots of the district in the online social media platform. Through the website, people will be able to get online information about the location, approach route and all other necessary information of all the tourist spots of Jashpur.
Why In News?
- Recently, chhattisgarh state minor forest produce association and two self-help groups from vandhan vikas kendra bakawand of jagdalpur district and donganala in korba district were given the prestigious grid award. It has been nominated and selected at the E.S.G. World Summit.
- It may be recalled that Chhattisgarh has received this award in the categories of sustainable development, poverty alleviation and women empowerment.
- The winners were selected on the basis of an analysis of proposals on stringent test parameters in three phases that lasted about three months.
- The Carp Stage of Singapore and E.s.G. The objective of the Research Foundation is to expand the goals and impacts of E.s.G benchmark development and to establish sustainable development goals set by the United Nations.
- As per the categories of 'Sustainable Development Goals' for these awards, nominations were received from businessmen from all over the world.
- E. s. G. The Grid Awards ceremony will be held in Singapore on July 22 and 23. 2-2 women members of the winners' Self-Help Groups will be sent to Singapore.
- The women selected from Chhattisgarh include Saroj Patel and Phulbai Neti from Donganala and Padmini Baghel and Bela Bai Kashyap from Bakawand.
- E. s. G. The grid awards ceremony will be attended by delegates from 150 countries, ex-operatives from more than 200 institutions across the world, investors from entrepreneurs' banks, social workers, social organizations, environmentalists, government and other delegates.
Why In News?
- The 22nd Board Meeting of the Uttarakhand Tourism Development Council was held on June 27, 2022 under the chairmanship of Tourism Minister Satpal Maharaj.
- In the 22nd meeting of the Board, a number of proposals were approved, the details of which are as under:
- The Kedarnath ropeway from Sonprayag will be constructed at Rs 1200 crore and from Hemkund Sahib to Govindghat ropeway will be constructed at Rs 850 crore.
- Rs 1.50 crore was sanctioned for the preparation of a Master Plan to develop Auli as a training hub for adventure activities.
- A total budget of Rs.55 crores was passed for conducting the activities of the Council for the financial year 2022-23.
- A proposal to organise paragliding, mountain biking, adventure summit, skiing championship, Tehri Lake Festival, Yoga Festival was placed on the board.
- Apart from these, some other important decisions have also been taken-
- Under the Hunar Se Rozgar Yojana, 200 persons will be trained for cooking, service, housekeeping, front office management.
- It was also decided to train the youth in Caravan Tourism, Tea Garden Tourism, Home Stay Tourism, Nature Guide.
- The proposal for high and low altitude tracking training with Ganga Kyak Festival at Rishikesh, Canoeing Festival at Tehri, Kyaking Championship at Bour Reservoir, Yoga Festival, Chota Kailash MounteNiyRing Campaign, Track of the Year at Pindari were agreed upon.
Switch to Hindi