22nd Meeting of Uttarakhand Tourism Development Council
- 28 Jun 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- The 22nd Board Meeting of the Uttarakhand Tourism Development Council was held on June 27, 2022 under the chairmanship of Tourism Minister Satpal Maharaj.
- In the 22nd meeting of the Board, a number of proposals were approved, the details of which are as under:
- The Kedarnath ropeway from Sonprayag will be constructed at Rs 1200 crore and from Hemkund Sahib to Govindghat ropeway will be constructed at Rs 850 crore.
- Rs 1.50 crore was sanctioned for the preparation of a Master Plan to develop Auli as a training hub for adventure activities.
- A total budget of Rs.55 crores was passed for conducting the activities of the Council for the financial year 2022-23.
- A proposal to organise paragliding, mountain biking, adventure summit, skiing championship, Tehri Lake Festival, Yoga Festival was placed on the board.
- Apart from these, some other important decisions have also been taken-
- Under the Hunar Se Rozgar Yojana, 200 persons will be trained for cooking, service, housekeeping, front office management.
- It was also decided to train the youth in Caravan Tourism, Tea Garden Tourism, Home Stay Tourism, Nature Guide.
- The proposal for high and low altitude tracking training with Ganga Kyak Festival at Rishikesh, Canoeing Festival at Tehri, Kyaking Championship at Bour Reservoir, Yoga Festival, Chota Kailash MounteNiyRing Campaign, Track of the Year at Pindari were agreed upon.