Haryana State Data Center Policy, 2022
- 28 Jun 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- The State Cabinet, chaired by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on June 27, 2022, approved the Haryana State Data Centre Policy, 2022 with the objective of developing Haryana as a hub of data centre industry and establishing Haryana as a global data centre hub .
- The objective of the policy is to attract the world's leading entrepreneurs by providing an industry and business environment and facilitate setting up of 115-120 new data centres in Haryana.
- With the setting up of these data centres, an investment of Rs.7500 crore is expected.
- Any data centre having a consumption of 1 MW and above of bjli set up in Haryana will be eligible to avail benefits under this new policy.
- Under this policy, state GST, stamp duty, electricity duty exemption and other economic benefits such as employment generation subsidy will be provided.
- The Haryana government will include infrastructure related to data centre as a separate entity under the Haryana Building Code, which will provide relaxation in FAR and building design and construction criteria.
- The Haryana government will declare the data centres as a separate infrastructure industry and energy intensive industry.
- The Haryana government will declare the data centres as an essential service under the Haryana Essential Services Maintenance Act, 1974.
- The 'Right of Way' will be provided to the applications for approval for data centres in accordance with the guidelines under the State Communication and Connectivity Infrastructure Policy and in a time-bound manner.