Uttar Pradesh government to set up board to promote natural farming
- 28 Jun 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- Addressing a conference on 'Uttar Pradesh towards sustainable and equitable development' organized by the World Bank on June 27, 2022 Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that a board will be set up by the state government to promote natural farming in the state.
- He said that the objective of natural farming is to promote toxic-free agriculture by reducing the use of fertilizers, chemicals and pesticides and using inputs produced by low or zero cost farmers.
- In the Budget for the year 2022-23 of Uttar Pradesh, a provision has been made to promote natural farming in seven districts of Bundelkhand region.
- The central government has decided to promote natural farming for five km on the banks of river Ganga.
- In order to create awareness about natural farming, the Uttar Pradesh government had launched a special campaign 'Ganga Yatra' in January 2020.
- In addition, Uttar Pradesh has identified 27 districts on the banks of river Ganga for natural farming.
- It may be recalled that the Indian Natural Farming Practices Programme (BPKP) is being implemented to promote natural farming under the Traditional Agricultural Development Scheme (PKVY) in India.