Bagnath to be developed on the lines of Badri-Kedar
- 27 Jun 2022
- 1 min read
Why In News?
- On June 25, 2022, Uttarakhand Tourism Secretary Dilip Jawalkar informed that under the Prasad scheme of the Central Government, the development of Bagnath temple in Bageshwar will be done on the lines of Badrinath and Kedarnath.
- Under the scheme, all the shops in the temple complex will be developed in a similar manner in the traditional hill style.
- The ghats will be constructed on the banks of river Saryu, while the temple complex will also feature light and sound shows and construction of museums.
- A precursor and murals around the temple will be used to give the temple a new look.
- Construction of ropeway from Chandika Temple to Neeleshwar Temple, beautification of bridges and souvenir shop for prasad will also be facilitated.
- It may be recalled that the Ministry of Tourism had launched the 'National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Enhancement' in the year 2014-15 with the objective of overall development of identified shrines, which was renamed as 'Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Heritage Promotion Campaign' (i.e. 'Prasad') National Mission in October 2017.