Why In News
- Recently the National Handloom Expo 2021-22 was concluded at Bhopal Haat, Bhopal. The expo was organized from December 26, 2021 to January 9, 2022.
- Anubha Srivastava, Managing Director of Sant Ravidas Khadi and Village Industries Board honored the winners of various competitions held at the function. School students, weavers and students of courses related to garment design were prominently involved in these competitions.
- In the expo, 19 participants participated in the Rangoli competition. In this, the first prize was given to Riddhima Agarwal, student of Anand Vidya School, second prize to Mukesh Singh of Adarsh Higher Secondary School and third prize to Mehak Sahu, student of Ankur Higher Secondary School. The winners were awarded with cash amounts and citations.
- The group of Preeti Malviya, Twinkle and Khushi Mehta won the first prize of the stall display competition. Second prize was given to Kranti, Medha Malviya, Tanu Chakraborty and Deepika Sahu. Cash prizes and certificates were awarded to the winners. Along with this, weavers and craftsmen from different states were also honored.
- It is worth mentioning that the National Handloom Expo witnessed various cultural shades from 15 States/UTs. Along with Madhya Pradesh weavers from Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, West Bengal, Bihar, Karnataka and South India also showed their skills.
Why In News
- Recently, Mubarik Khatri, a craftsman from Madhya Pradesh, has been selected for the International Crafts Award 2021 for his excellent workmanship and significant contribution to his traditional craft - Tiger print/Bagh Print.
- This international honor will be conferred to Khatri under the Master Artisan of the Year category.
- This award is given by Shilp Gram Sangathan. ShilpGram is the national unit of the World Crafts Council.
- For the International Crafts Award, nominations were received from about 40 countries, in which Mubarik Khatri was selected. Mubarik has worked on the revival of his traditional craft.
- Mubarik Khatri was also selected for the National Handicraft Award 2017 for his contribution to modern innovations and tiger crafts, which will be presented to him by the President of India in the coming days.
- Mubarik Khatri has preserved his traditional art with dedication and trained hundreds of tribal youths to enable them to earn their livelihood through this craft. Craftsman Mubarik Khatri has also exhibited his works in many national and international exhibitions.
Why In News
- On January 8, 2022, Haryana's Skill Development and Industrial Training Minister Moolchand Sharma informed that the government has decided to felicitate the youth for becoming entrepreneurs after passing ITI courses from government and private industrial training institutes of the state to connect them with entrepreneurship.
- Shri Moolchand Sharma informed that a new scheme has been approved for this. Under this scheme, three best entrepreneurs at the district level will be honored with Entrepreneur Award and cash prize of Rs 10,000, Rs 7 thousand 500 and Rs 5000 respectively. These awards will be presented by the chief guest on the occasion of Republic Day every year on 26 January.
- Out of all these 66 Entrepreneur Award winners at the district level, three entrepreneurs will be honored by the Chief Minister at the state level function on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day (July 15).
- Cash prizes of Rs 50,000, Rs 40,000 and Rs 30,000 will be given to the first, second and third place candidates respectively.
- Under this scheme, only those entrepreneurs will be considered for the award, who have started their business or enterprise in the same trade or sector from which they have passed ITI.
- The candidate must have started his business at any place in Haryana or in Chandigarh within one to four years from the date of passing ITI. The business he has started should not be his ancestral business.
- From that business, his monthly income for more than one year during this period should be more than Rs 20,000 continuously. Also, if the candidate has started his/her business in partnership with someone, he/she should have a leading role in it and should not have previously been awarded under this initiative.
- The objective of this scheme is to encourage the youth of Haryana state who have passed from ITI institutes to move towards self-employment rather than looking for jobs.
Why In News
- Recently, the Jharkhand Police Headquarters has planned to open Women Help Desks in most of the urban police stations of the state for better police handling in cases of violence and related violence in the state.
- In the first phase, a plan has been made to open Women's Help Desks in all the police stations of the capital as well as in 300 police stations of the state. These women's help desks will be constructed with the Nirbhaya Fund of the Central Government.
- 300 tablets will be procured for smooth running of women help desks in police stations of the state. Women helplines will be opened by February 2022.
- It is noteworthy that on November 2, 2021, a proposal was sent by the state's DGP Neeraj Sinha to the Home, Prison and Disaster Management Department of the State government to open the women's helpline.
- After the order of the state government, the CID has been given the responsibility of taking action in this direction. State ADG CID Prashant Singh has constituted a technical committee for the purchase of laptops.
Why In News
- On January 9, 2022, Chhattisgarh Governor Anusuiya Uikey inaugurated the Audio-Video studio of Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai.
- The Governor inspected the Ultra High Resolution UAV Mapping Machine at Swami Vivekanand Technical University. Describing this machine as useful for Public Works, Rural Development, Agriculture and Water Resources, Public Health and other departments, she said that such machines would prove to be very useful for designing the master plan.
- On this occasion a report on 42 villages adopted by CSVTU Bhilai was presented to the Governor and various social works done by NSS were mentioned.
Why In News
- On January 9, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel said that the work of formation of Chhattisgarh Sports Development Authority would be completed soon.
- Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel gave this information while discussing with the people of the state on the topic of 'Youth dreams and Chhattisgarh' in the 25th episode of Lokvani, a radio talk broadcast from All India Radio.
- The Chief Minister said that Chhattisgarh Sports Development Authority is being established in order to provide necessary facilities, training, equipment and other expenses to the youth players of the state.
- For the first time in the history of Chhattisgarh, the overall infrastructure of sports training has been developed, under which 9 academies have been established. Nine such academies have already been started for girls in football and for boys and girls in Kabaddi, Archery, Athletics and Hockey.
- The Chief Minister said that a 'Rajiv Yuva Mitan Club' would be formed in the state, so that youth could join this club and cooperate in creative work.
- Under this, an action plan has been prepared for the formation of Rajiv Yuva Mitan Clubs in 13,269 urban bodies and gram panchayats of the state. Each club will consist of 20 to 40 youth aged between 15 and 40 years.
- Under the 'Think Be' (Technology Hub and Innovation for Knowledge Bastar) project, the youth of Bastar are being encouraged for innovation, self-employment and entrepreneurship.
- Protection and development of various tribal arts, folk songs, choreography, craftsmanship, culture, language, literature, food, costumes are being done through the institution 'BADAL' (Bastar Academy of Dance, Art, Literature and Language).
- The Chief Minister said that a processing unit is being set up in Kanker district for crops like Kodo, Kutki, Ragi and in Durg district for processing various agricultural products. Land has been allotted for the establishment of food parks in more than 200 development blocks.
Switch to Hindi