Women's Help Desk
- 10 Jan 2022
- 1 min read
Why In News
- Recently, the Jharkhand Police Headquarters has planned to open Women Help Desks in most of the urban police stations of the state for better police handling in cases of violence and related violence in the state.
- In the first phase, a plan has been made to open Women's Help Desks in all the police stations of the capital as well as in 300 police stations of the state. These women's help desks will be constructed with the Nirbhaya Fund of the Central Government.
- 300 tablets will be procured for smooth running of women help desks in police stations of the state. Women helplines will be opened by February 2022.
- It is noteworthy that on November 2, 2021, a proposal was sent by the state's DGP Neeraj Sinha to the Home, Prison and Disaster Management Department of the State government to open the women's helpline.
- After the order of the state government, the CID has been given the responsibility of taking action in this direction. State ADG CID Prashant Singh has constituted a technical committee for the purchase of laptops.