- 10 Jan 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News
- On January 8, 2022, Haryana's Skill Development and Industrial Training Minister Moolchand Sharma informed that the government has decided to felicitate the youth for becoming entrepreneurs after passing ITI courses from government and private industrial training institutes of the state to connect them with entrepreneurship.
- Shri Moolchand Sharma informed that a new scheme has been approved for this. Under this scheme, three best entrepreneurs at the district level will be honored with Entrepreneur Award and cash prize of Rs 10,000, Rs 7 thousand 500 and Rs 5000 respectively. These awards will be presented by the chief guest on the occasion of Republic Day every year on 26 January.
- Out of all these 66 Entrepreneur Award winners at the district level, three entrepreneurs will be honored by the Chief Minister at the state level function on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day (July 15).
- Cash prizes of Rs 50,000, Rs 40,000 and Rs 30,000 will be given to the first, second and third place candidates respectively.
- Under this scheme, only those entrepreneurs will be considered for the award, who have started their business or enterprise in the same trade or sector from which they have passed ITI.
- The candidate must have started his business at any place in Haryana or in Chandigarh within one to four years from the date of passing ITI. The business he has started should not be his ancestral business.
- From that business, his monthly income for more than one year during this period should be more than Rs 20,000 continuously. Also, if the candidate has started his/her business in partnership with someone, he/she should have a leading role in it and should not have previously been awarded under this initiative.
- The objective of this scheme is to encourage the youth of Haryana state who have passed from ITI institutes to move towards self-employment rather than looking for jobs.