International Craft Awards 2021
- 10 Jan 2022
- 1 min read
Why In News
- Recently, Mubarik Khatri, a craftsman from Madhya Pradesh, has been selected for the International Crafts Award 2021 for his excellent workmanship and significant contribution to his traditional craft - Tiger print/Bagh Print.
- This international honor will be conferred to Khatri under the Master Artisan of the Year category.
- This award is given by Shilp Gram Sangathan. ShilpGram is the national unit of the World Crafts Council.
- For the International Crafts Award, nominations were received from about 40 countries, in which Mubarik Khatri was selected. Mubarik has worked on the revival of his traditional craft.
- Mubarik Khatri was also selected for the National Handicraft Award 2017 for his contribution to modern innovations and tiger crafts, which will be presented to him by the President of India in the coming days.
- Mubarik Khatri has preserved his traditional art with dedication and trained hundreds of tribal youths to enable them to earn their livelihood through this craft. Craftsman Mubarik Khatri has also exhibited his works in many national and international exhibitions.