National Handloom Expo 2021-22
- 10 Jan 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News
- Recently the National Handloom Expo 2021-22 was concluded at Bhopal Haat, Bhopal. The expo was organized from December 26, 2021 to January 9, 2022.
- Anubha Srivastava, Managing Director of Sant Ravidas Khadi and Village Industries Board honored the winners of various competitions held at the function. School students, weavers and students of courses related to garment design were prominently involved in these competitions.
- In the expo, 19 participants participated in the Rangoli competition. In this, the first prize was given to Riddhima Agarwal, student of Anand Vidya School, second prize to Mukesh Singh of Adarsh Higher Secondary School and third prize to Mehak Sahu, student of Ankur Higher Secondary School. The winners were awarded with cash amounts and citations.
- The group of Preeti Malviya, Twinkle and Khushi Mehta won the first prize of the stall display competition. Second prize was given to Kranti, Medha Malviya, Tanu Chakraborty and Deepika Sahu. Cash prizes and certificates were awarded to the winners. Along with this, weavers and craftsmen from different states were also honored.
- It is worth mentioning that the National Handloom Expo witnessed various cultural shades from 15 States/UTs. Along with Madhya Pradesh weavers from Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, West Bengal, Bihar, Karnataka and South India also showed their skills.