Why in News
- On January 7, 2022 Abhiyaan Silicosis Care of Nagaur district has been awarded the 24th National e-Governance Award in the category of 'Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation'.
- This award was presented to District Collector Dr. Jitendra Kumar Soni and his team in the 24th National Conference held in Hyderabad.
- Nagaur District Collector Dr Jitendra Kumar Soni and his team were presented with a citation and a cheque of Rs 1 lakh as part of the award given in the Silver category of Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation.
- This national level e-governance award is given every year at the national level by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India. This award is given to the best performer on e-governance in all the 748 districts of the country. Under this, the district is selected through a complex process after thorough testing in four stages.
- The campaign 'Silicosis Care' was launched on behalf of Nagaur District Collector Dr. Jitendra Kumar Soni to give the benefits of quick assistance, pension, Palanhar scheme and food security provided by the government to the people suffering from silicosis disease. Under this, in Nagaur district, 2058 living silicosis patients and 360 deceased silicosis patients' families benefited from various schemes provided by the government in a single format on a digital platform.
- Considering this innovation as a model, instructions were also issued by the Additional Chief Secretary, Mines (Group-I) Department to run the campaign in the entire state.
- The fourth Digital Transformation Award-2021, given at the national level in the Digital Transformation in Health Care category by the Governance Now team for Campaign Silicosis Care, was also presented to Nagaur District Collector Dr Jitendra Kumar Soni in November 2021.
Switch to Hindi