Why in News
- On December 6, 2021, the 75th Raising Day celebrations of Home Guards, Civil Defense and Disaster Emergency Response Force were celebrated in Madhya Pradesh.
- Home Minister Dr. Narottam Mishra inaugurated and visited the photo-gallery based on the excellent work done by Home Guard jawans at Home Guard Parade Ground.
- The Home Minister honored the officers/employees for saving lives and property while doing excellent work at the time of disaster. He rewarded Kumari Anshika Kanojia with a check of Rs 10,000 and a citation for her excellent performance in soft tennis competition at the international and national level.
- On this occasion, 12 thousand 591 soldiers and officers were awarded the Karmaveer Yoddha Medals for the outstanding work done by the Home Guards in the year 2020-21 during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It is noteworthy that the Home Guard Organization in Madhya Pradesh was established in the year 1947 under the Madhya Pradesh Home Guard Act 1947.
Why in News
- Recently Yashika Khatri of Kurukshetra district of Haryana has won America's Millia Air Heart Scholarship by winning the competition to fly an aircraft.
- Yashika Khatri's name has become one of the 35 women in the world who have been awarded the Millia Air Heart Scholarship by the United States of America by coming first in a competition to fly an aircraft at the Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Arizona, USA.
- Along with honoring Yashika by giving 10 thousand dollars for this scholarship, her name will also be inscribed on a plane for one year. India's tricolor will also be flown on this plane for a year.
- It is noteworthy that Yashika Khatri graduated from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Arizona and is now pursuing her PhD in Aerospace from the University of Colorado.
- It is known that the Milia Air Heart Scholarship is an award for aerospace engineering.
Why in News
- Recently, Riddhi Four of Karnal has won four gold medals in the Khelo India North Zone Archery Competition held in Sonipat district of Haryana state.
- In the second competition of Archery Association of India in Sonepat and North Zone under Khelo India, 17-year-old Riddhi has raised the pride of daughters by performing better.
- Riddhi Four has also won a gold medal in the Inter University Archery Competition organized by Kurukshetra University. Thus in these archery competitions he has won a total of five gold medals.
- Riddhi has also won medals in senior shooting events, having won four 6 international and 51 national medals.
Why in News
- On December 6, 2021, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren inaugurated four textile companies Kishore Exports, The Best Band, Shree Ganpati Creations and Valencia Apparel based in Ormanjhi (Kulhi). On this occasion, the Chief Minister also laid the foundation stone of Chandve-Kulhi path online.
- The Chief Minister said that it is the policy of the State Government to ensure that 75% of the manpower in various industrial institutions working in Jharkhand should be from Jharkhand State.
- Of the more than 2,000 people working in the textile sector, 95% are from Jharkhand, including 80% women. The Chief Minister handed over the appointment letter to them. Women empowerment will get a boost due to the increased participation of women in the textile sector.
- Women who received appointment letters also include those women who were working in states like Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala before the lockdown; the state government had assured them of employment in their villages or districts.
Why in News
- A two day International Conference on Progress in Chemistry and Biology of Carbohydrates (Carbo XXXV) was organized in Virtual Mode at Forest Research Institute (FRI), Dehradun as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav on December 4-5, 2021.
- The conference was inaugurated by AS Rawat, Director General, Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education.
- The conference was attended by more than 250 participants from academic institutions from India, USA, Germany, UK, Netherlands and Portugal including scientists from FRI, CSIR, IIT, IISER laboratories.
- Speaking on the occasion, AS Rawat emphasized on the role of carbohydrates in various aspects of life including food and medicine and their industrial importance.
- Rawat also stressed on developing new technologies for value-added use of weeds so as to protect forests and create a source of livelihood for the people.
- Two technical sessions were held on the first day of the program with 10 invited lectures and four short lectures by speakers from India, USA, Germany, Netherlands and Portugal.
Switch to Hindi