Why in News
- On December 6, 2021, the 75th Raising Day celebrations of Home Guards, Civil Defense and Disaster Emergency Response Force were celebrated in Madhya Pradesh.
- Home Minister Dr. Narottam Mishra inaugurated and visited the photo-gallery based on the excellent work done by Home Guard jawans at Home Guard Parade Ground.
- The Home Minister honored the officers/employees for saving lives and property while doing excellent work at the time of disaster. He rewarded Kumari Anshika Kanojia with a check of Rs 10,000 and a citation for her excellent performance in soft tennis competition at the international and national level.
- On this occasion, 12 thousand 591 soldiers and officers were awarded the Karmaveer Yoddha Medals for the outstanding work done by the Home Guards in the year 2020-21 during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It is noteworthy that the Home Guard Organization in Madhya Pradesh was established in the year 1947 under the Madhya Pradesh Home Guard Act 1947.
Switch to Hindi