Why in News
- On December 7, 2021, in a meeting of the Council of Ministers chaired by the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the amount of compensation per family in the state plan for the rehabilitation of villages from the corridors of national parks/sanctuaries (protected areas) and tiger reserves was approved to increase from Rs. 10 lakh to Rs. 15 lakh.
- An amount of 75 crores was approved for the year 2021-22 to 2025-26 for the 'compensation' scheme for the rehabilitation of the villages of the forest department.
- Approval was also given to issue an approval of Rs 285 crore for a total of 4 years from the financial year 2022-23 to 2025-26 from the CAMPA fund.
- The cabinet decided to allot 57.952 hectares of government land, at zero interest and one rupee annual land rent, located in village Loharpur tehsil Murar, district Gwalior, to Airports Authority of India, Gwalior for expansion of the airport.
- The proposed amendment bill to rename 'Chhindwara University, Chhindwara' as 'Raja Shankar Shah University, Chhindwara' was approved by the Council of Ministers.
- The Council of Ministers approved the Gwalior Trade Fair Authority (Amendment) Bill 2021 with a view to conduct the Gwalior Trade Fair, Gwalior smoothly.
- The 'Gwalior Trade Fair Authority Act' seeks to replace the phrase 'Department of Commerce and Industry' with 'Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises'.
- The Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has been authorized to take all the steps to get this bill introduced in the Legislative Assembly.
Why in News
- On December 7, 2021, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was presented with a flag and a symbol of the day was presented by Director Sainik Welfare Directorate, Brigadier Arun Sehgal on Armed Forces Flag Day.
- Soldiers of the Indian Armed Forces attain Veergati while performing their duty in defense of the country, internal security and natural calamities. To remember these soldiers, to honor them and to show respect for the soldiers by the citizens of the country, every year since 1949, 7 December is celebrated as Armed Forces Flag Day.
- On this day, financial assistance schemes related to the welfare and rehabilitation of dependent families of martyr soldiers, disabled soldiers, ex-servicemen, serving soldiers and their dependents are operated from the amount collected by distributing car flags and emblem flags in motor vehicles.
Why in News
- Recently, in the 138th meeting of the Board of Directors of the Corporation under the chairmanship of Madhya Pradesh Public Works, Cottage and Village Industries Minister Gopal Bhargava, Madhya Pradesh Handicrafts and Handloom Development Corporation decided to take the membership of Handloom Development Corporation, New Delhi in order to provide national and international market for the handloom products produced.
- Minister Gopal Bhargava said that the role of Mrignayani Emporium in providing a market for handloom and handicraft products of the state is commendable. In this sequence, membership of the Handloom Export Promotion Council is being taken.
- Decisions were also taken on the compliance report of the 137th meeting of the Board of Directors, contracts of outsourced employees, appointments in the Chief Minister's Covid-19 Compassionate Appointment Scheme.
- In the meeting, Anubha Srivastava the Managing Director of Sant Ravidas Madhya Pradesh Handicrafts and Handloom Development Corporation gave information regarding the activities of the corporation.
Why in News
- In the meeting held in Sanchi in the presence of New and Renewable Energy Minister Hardeep Singh Dung and Public Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Prabhuram Chaudhary, an action plan was prepared to make Sanchi a Solar City and it was announced to install a solar system of 6 thousand kilowatt capacity in the Sanchi Grid under Solar City Project.
- 20 acres of land has been identified in Nagori village to make Sanchi a ground-mounted solar system. Additional 4 hectares of land will be identified for setting up phase 1.5 MW of solar system capacity.
- It is worth mentioning that the central government has planned to develop one city in each state as a solar city.
- Keeping in view the tourism and proximity to the capital, the Madhya Pradesh government has decided to develop Sanchi as a solar city.
- Every household, agriculture and industry in Sanchi will be connected to the solar system. This will give a boost to the local economy along with reducing the need for electricity bills, pollution, and government subsidies.
- Sanchi will become an exemplary model for other cities. Along with tourism, Sanchi will also have a different identity in the field of solar energy.
Why in News
- On December 7, 2021, a meeting of the Task Force constituted for the National Education Policy 2020 was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- In this meeting, the Chief Minister said that Yoga would be developed as a sport and included in the curriculum of school education. A Yoga Commission will be formed in the state for the expansion of Yoga to the people.
- Integrating the education of yoga at the school level will help in making education interesting and promoting health of the students.
- The Chief Minister said that implementation of effective methods of imparting moral education along with vocational education would be ensured in the National Education Policy in the state. The National Education Policy has clear provisions for learning of local skills and important vocational crafts.
- To reduce the number of dropouts in class 6 and class 9, 'School Chalen Abhiyan' will be run for admission in class 5th to 6th and class 8th to 9th.
- Inder Singh Parmar, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for School Education said that a task force has been constituted for the implementation of National Education Policy 2020 in the state. In this, 4 Framework Groups for State Curriculum and 25 Focus Groups have been constituted at the State level for the development of State Curriculum Framework. There are 24 non-official members and 26 government members in the task force.
Why in News
- On December 7, 2021, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan virtually interacted with the ministry in the State Policy Conclave - 2021 organized by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry at Hotel Le Meridien New Delhi.
- The Chief Minister said that the country will become self-reliant only when the states are self-reliant. A four-point based road map has been prepared for self-reliant Madhya Pradesh. These 4 points are:
- Physical infrastructure
- Good governance
- Health and education
- Economy and employment.
- The Madhya Pradesh government has two major goals-
- First, to develop entrepreneurship qualities in the youth of Madhya Pradesh, so that they become job creators and not job seekers.
- Second, to make Madhya Pradesh the most attractive state for investment.
- Atal Expressway and Narmada Expressway are being constructed from the east to west border of the state with the aim of giving a better environment for investment to the investors in the state.
- Industrial centers and industrial townships will be developed around the expressway.
- With the aim of providing skilled human resources in the state, a Global Skill Park is being built in collaboration with Singapore.
- The concept of 'Start Your Business in 30 Days' is being implemented. In this, permission will be given to set up industry in 30 days.
- Madhya Pradesh is a state providing surplus electricity.
- In the first phase of Bharatmala project, it has been decided to set up multi modal logistic parks at Indore and Bhopal.
- In the era of Covid, there has been an increase of 49 percent in industrial units in Madhya Pradesh in comparison to 2019 in 2021. There has been an increase of 33 per cent in allotment of land to industries, 67 per cent in proposed investment and 39 per cent in employment.
- Madhya Pradesh is among the first 5 states to avail additional loan amount due to successful implementation of Ease of Doing Business reforms.
- Madhya Pradesh has secured first position in the western region. This has provided additional financial resources of Rs 2,373 crore to the state. To accelerate industrial development, 'Dewas Investment Zone' and 'Ratlam Investment Zone' have been created.
- The Medical Device Park has been approved by the Government of India in the Mohasa-Babai industrial area of Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh.
- 16 clusters have been identified for laying a network of micro, small and medium industries in the state, out of which 13 clusters have been approved by the central government. In these activities like furniture, textile, powerloom, toys, jaggery, namkeen will be encouraged. Approval has been given for a furniture cluster in Indore.
- In order to make vocal from local, specific products have been selected for each district of the state under the 'One District-One Product' scheme.
- For guidance and publicity to exporters, 'MP Trade Portal' and 'Export Helpline' have been launched.
- The state of Madhya Pradesh has successfully implemented 1,896 reforms to reduce the regulatory compliance burden while remaining among the leading states. Online land allotment process has been implemented in industrial areas with a GIS based land allotment system.
Switch to Hindi